KiteLife Forum

Hypnotist vs Prism Quantum

Ian Dobson

I have just ordered a new kite Prism Quantum l have been reading sum of the forums and think maybe I should of gone for the Hypnotist but for my first kite I was thinking it was a bit much when with shipping to Norway it was $220 vs $150 and so I thought i start with the Quantum as I think this is still a great kite to begin with and when I need to move on I can use this one to try and get more of my friends to try kitting So maybe the more people kitting the easy it will be to buy kites Norway as not being able to get good kites has put me off but now I have ordered my real kite I hope it's not a mistake lol

I have both. The quantum is a good kite to start with. It is very strong and will take a lot of punishment. You can move up to the hypnotist later. There are many good boutique kite makers in Europe and a lot of kite fliers over there. There are other forums in Europe and some here that many Europeans visit.

Caution. The Quantum is a strong kite and will pull a lot. After you fly for a while, move up to the hypnotist or other advanced kite and let your friends fly the quantum.

• Like 2

I have a quantum and Zephyr. The quantum pulls like a truck! it is alot of fun but i have broken lines on it many times. I just ordered some 175lb lines so i can fly it again. For tricks I really like the zephyr it handles lower winds better and has taken a likin' as i learn tricks.

enjoy!

jim

If you are a complete newbie to dual line get the Quantum. If you have flown quads or a $20 kite get the Hypnotist. You know the basics and how crashes are bad so you can skip the entry. There are plenty of intermediate kites that are very well built and very sturdy. Maybe something classified as intermediate is a better deal long term to learn on. I have had many people tell me the Quantum does lots of tricks too, but I've progressed more and faster with the Hypnotist. I actually love the Premier Widow. It is a licensed version of the Skyburner Widowmaker and built almost as good. Plenty sturdy too. I've learned that the better the kite, more worth the price.

• Like 2

Both kites have the 'kinetic dissipator' that absorbs the impact of nose plants and prevents damage to the spine & nose. So, both are just as tough, and the Hypnotist comes with the Prism DVD to add value to it's package. The Hypnotist is a little more capable in the tricks department, and also is easier to fly in higher winds without the extreme pull of a Quantum. I flew the wings off my Hypnotist (which was called the Mirage when I got it) and I passed it along to my nephew when he flew it at a family outing. He liked it so much, I had to send him home with it...

• Like 4