KiteLife Forum

would you share your new kite

Ian Dobson

Just got my quantum had great time flying over the weekend but my son who is 14 was with me so he did most of the flying which was ok as he has more control than me but he was not so happy when I said he must give it back .The was protest but I said to him if you would like a new kite you better get a job he said I am only 14 teen so I said maybe you give up school. .lol am not so bad dad he got the kite and I enjoyed watching just as much as flying

Hey Ian, let him keep the Quantum. If you like Prism kites, you should get yourself the Hypnotist. It's just as tough of a beginner kite as the Quantum, but offers a little more in the tricks department. Then you two could fly side by side & trade off from time to time. My son 'adopted' my Prism 4D. He's a little guy, and it was the only little kite I had with me at the time. A full sized kite would've sent my little boy flying.

BTW, tell him 14 is old enough to get a job. I used to mow lawns, clean yards, and shovel snow when I was younger than that. I used to make more $$$ than a kid should have...

• Like 1

I know today kids think money grows on trees but he a good kid I would be glad to give him the kite long it's keep him off the xbox and gets him and his friends outdoor maybe his friends may get involved in flying you would think in Norway where it's so much wind that more people would fly kites but no not to many l have never seen no one ever flying a kite.o no once I seen one guy flying a power kite on the snow so maybe he can start to sell kites to his friends and make a little money .maybe I'll get discounts on that new kite I'll have to buy. lol

For me, I enjoy watching as much as actually doing.... ok, not actually true..but close.

After purchasing my first B series Rev, I handed it off on the first day. I think if the person shows enough skill and responsibility.....have at it! ...............but there is a time limit involved :ani_rtfm:

• Like 1

Nice... Team Hawaiian was literally the first kite I ever flew, back in '90 - the pull and noise really hooked me. <grin>

I'm not necessarily an expert on TOTL kites, but I seem to remember official "TOTL" tags sewn in...

Just the basic... Store, eBay, private seller?

A closer shot of the nose and batten/stand off area may give more clues, looking at construction techniques.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a blatant TOTL copy - probably safe... Real TOTL Hawaiians aren't rare, but there is fairly limited availability in the used market, and I believe the design has been re-released or licensed through someone in the midwest US.

• Like 1

Swap meet $3 haggled from $5! >=]

-really good condition

-Tags are sewn in

-tag on cover sleeve as well

Stand off? as in whiskers?

Doesn't have any...

What lines should I use for this? I'll mostly be at the beach in moderate 12-17 mph average? In southern California coastline...

Yeah, what a deal, one just sold on eBay for over $100. Looks like yours is an early one, without whiskers. Mine is, too, and I think that puts them around the late 80s. I've been told that the whiskers are an easy retrofit, and worth looking into. Without them, it makes the kite more difficult to self launch. I fly mine on 200# 100 foot lines, but longer is better with that kite, I think most like 125-150 foot lines. It's got quite a pull, and quite a roar when it flies...

P1080508.jpg

I understood the topic thread as sharing "information" about the kite... not the kite itself...

I have a prism nexus I picked up for 30 dollars :-) also a great deal.

How are prism speed foils? Really interested in one... does the Hawaiian have a similar pull? Should I stick with my find?

Where do I purchase whiskers? Any website suggestions?

Thank you everyone for your help!

I understood the topic thread as sharing "information" about the kite... not the kite itself...

I have a prism nexus I picked up for 30 dollars :-) also a great deal.

How are prism speed foils? Really interested in one... does the Hawaiian have a similar pull? Should I stick with my find?

Where do I purchase whiskers? Any website suggestions?

Thank you everyone for your help!

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/1527-hawaiian-team-kite/page-8