KiteLife Forum

Revolution B2 SUITE ( 4-1-13)

John Barresi

I don't want to be a spoil sport by any means, and I know that you guys are the best in the world at flying these kites, but rule number 1 that has always been beaten into my brain is to not fly kites near power lines. Those last 2 videos really don't set the best example for following that rule. Just sayin'

Well, you have a lot of incentive to get real good real fast. :blue_wink:

The whole thing about flying by power lines is more critical when you're flying a single line kite with little control and a variable amount of line. With a sport kite, the line lengths are fixed, and the pilot usually has a really good idea what's within the immediate range of the kite. Error on the side of caution, but I don't think John was in any immediate danger in the videos...

My worry wasn't for John. It was for the impression seeing that could make on a pilot of lesser skill.

• Like 2

Alright, KiteLifers, I'm new to your numbers, but I would like to put forth a challenge. On the right side of the main forum page is a gofundme advertisement where John and TK are asking for donations to help them move their operation to Long Beach, WA, where they feel they can more effectively serve the kiting community. I've only been around on this forum for a few days, but for years I have been hearing about John Barresi and his service to the kiting community. I've done some math and they are about $8400 shy of their goal. They hope to have the needed funds by October. As of the start of this particular drawing 324 people were active KiteLife subscribers. If 1/4 of us commit to just $15 per month between now and October they will hit their goal. Come on folks, let's get this done for John and TK. Who's in? Who is willing to eat out one less time a month? It's a $105 commitment, and i think they get more of the proceeds if you do a one time donation. Push that donate button and do something good for these folks that want to do good for us.

• Like 1

The whole thing about flying by power lines is more critical when you're flying a single line kite with little control and a variable amount of line. With a sport kite, the line lengths are fixed, and the pilot usually has a really good idea what's within the immediate range of the kite. Error on the side of caution, but I don't think John was in any immediate danger in the videos...

My worry wasn't for John. It was for the impression seeing that could make on a pilot of lesser skill.

Agreed... point taken. None of my spots have power lines closer than 500' away, so the only time I have any concern is when I'm flying SLKs.

And as far as those B2s... I know the odds of my number coming up again in the next 50 drawings is pretty slim... but a guy can dream, can't he ?

And as far as those B2s... I know the odds of my number coming up again in the next 50 drawings is pretty slim... but a guy can dream, can't he ?

Hey Rob, Dream on! And yes, I share the feeling. It would be pretty neat, though, but, now back to reality. I think it would be kinda like lightning striking the same spot twice. I really don't see anything for us to do, but "bite the bullet". Just get on-line, whip out the old credit card, and get to shopping. I love my B2 Std, but it needs a partner, for those really windy days :cat_lol: ................

See, now that wasn't so hard to justify, was it :ani_whistling:

Hey Rob, Dream on! And yes, I share the feeling. It would be pretty neat, though, but, now back to reality. I think it would be kinda like lightning striking the same spot twice. I really don't see anything for us to do, but "bite the bullet". Just get on-line, whip out the old credit card, and get to shopping. I love my B2 Std, but it needs a partner, for those really windy days :cat_lol: ................

See, now that wasn't so hard to justify, was it :ani_whistling:

OK, lightning may strike the same place twice... but my lucky number is a 3 time winner. My odds don't look so good now, do they...

I can not believe that you have won three times.................but I just checked (unbelievable) :ani_victory:

• Like 2

I can not believe that you have won three times.................but I just checked (unbelievable) :ani_victory:

Yes, but I think the first time I won was in 2006. Still... I think it will be a long time before I see my lucky number pop up. So all's that's left is to wish the rest of yous GOOD LUCK !

• Like 2

...and I hope it's my number. These would completely destroy and elate me. I just got used to knowing all about the different types of spars, LE's and spreaders and know I would have to learn about green versus black race rods versus SLE. I'd have to learn about handles and leaders. I'm also anal about my lines so I would have to spend twice the time wrapping my lines. Oh the humanity!

• Like 4

Yes, it doesn't seem to be any "sure" pattern as to how the RNG works!! So that means try anything and everything!!! :ani_idea:

Rob - you're already a 3 time winner?? So if some one wins this, they'll only be equal to you?? Win this and you might be called "greedy" by some!!! :ani_giveup: lol !

PS: I'm ducking........now! :cat_lol:

• Like 1