KiteLife Forum

New ROK

Joespickles

I have a few Gomberg kites, my favorite is the DoPeRo. They seem to be pretty decent quality kites. Also note all of his handy accesories, like the sand anchors. I don't know if you fly at the beach, but those are priceless for holding down hard pulling kites. Have fun shopping !

Those are some of my kites, I haven't updated Flikr in a while, and I don't even have pictures of all of them. I have to buy kites to try them (nobody else flies near me), so I ended up with a lot because I want to try every kite that I see !

BTW, where are you in New York ?

Yonkers. Tried flying my new kite today. Bit of a train wreck. The flags at the house where flying great. Drive to a park on the Hudson. Very steady but very choppy , did lots of stunts all completely by accident , the kite tumbled, yoyo'd , flat spun out of the sky .. Need to keep flying loops for awhile. Was happy I not break it

It's always a good day flying when you bring your kite home in one piece.

Sounds like you need to come down to the beach and get some smooth winds... the winds along the river can be a little funky.

Liberty State Park isn't too far from you, there are lots of kiters there on the weekends.

What kind of kite did you end up getting ?

I bought an e3. I have a nexus as a travel kite. Other old two lines. Just loops and zigzags and fig 8's. I want to learn some newer tricks. I also got a prism switch for the 7 yr old, U name the beach. And we'll be there.. I went to a kite day a couple of yrs ago. Haven't been back in awhile,, I love the kite. I wish I had found this forum sooner,, although the wife wouldn't.

There's a big festival at Wildwoods on the Jersey shore at the end of May. There's lots to do for the whole family, with the kites & just hanging out at the beach & boardwalk.

Otherwise, if you ever get out on Long Island, I can tell you of a number of spots that are good to fly.

And ps The wind on the river was crazy ,, not sure what the real term would be, Real strong. The kite would stutter than almost nothing. Lots of walking and arm pumping. At what I thought would be the strongest parts of the flight

I think the words you are looking for are "fluky" and "cooking"...........

Which means the wind is "constantly changing", and, from my sailing days, "blowing like stink"........... :cat_lol:

• Like 1