KiteLife Forum

First flight

Joespickles

I think that's the field. By the kids playground, the boardwalk is closed still from Sandee, Isabelle is one of my friends daughter, we had all three flying. Triplets,, my wife and son where away for the weekend. :(. Now what kite is that you torturing me with. The triplets had a blast. They will be lots of pics of local/familiar fields, is the screwdriver holding the kite for the picture or is there another secret I don't know

I think that's the field. By the kids playground, the boardwalk is closed still from Sandee, Isabelle is one of my friends daughter, we had all three flying. Triplets,, my wife and son where away for the weekend. :(. Now what kite is that you torturing me with. The triplets had a blast. They will be lots of pics of local/familiar fields, is the screwdriver holding the kite for the picture or is there another secret I don't know

If you look to the left of my kite, you can see those 2 little trees that are in the picture with your friend. The all black kite is a Fearless, made by the same guy who makes the Sea Devils. And yes, that's a screwdriver being used as a kite stake. I had a nice 'real' kite stake, but gave it to a new pilot who happened onto my beach. I've been using the old screwdriver ever since.

ITW. Are they /where they on /near pearl street, wondered around boulder many years ago . I used to go into a kite shop out there all the time. Pre 1998. So how do is use the use the stake besides my obvious and stabbing the ground,, is there a release trick,,back to the park. I went to a kite festival there a couple of years ago, Do you know of any upcoming events. ?

Sounds like he got it at Into the Wind. That place got me hooked on kites, too !

FYI - Into The Wind is KiteLife's longest-running supporter, advertising non-stop since the magazine started in 1998.

George Emmons (ITW owner) is a good friend of mine, they run a really good kite business. :)

• Like 1

I was visiting my family in Boulder in the early 80's when I wandered into the ITW store on Pearl St. I had never seen kites like that, and was immediately hooked. They sent me home with a Sun Oaks DC that time, and have sent me a number of kites since. Gotta love their catalog.

The kite stake is usually used at the ends of your lines, at the handles, but I used it up close to the kite just for the picture.

• Like 1

That is where the kite is from. I loved that store(past tense only because I have not there since 2002ish). I love looking around in there, Now I need to remember the kite shop around mission bay(?) in San Diego from the 1983 ish time frame First stacked kites that really turned up my kiting

• 1 month later...

Half a lifetime ago the first stunt kites I ever saw were TRLBYs being flown by Mr. Kligman of Klig's Kites. I now have a stack of nine & this summer I will go back to the exact spot of that flight. This time I will be the pilot. There will be joy so great that there may be a ripple in the fabric of time.

• Like 5

Half a lifetime ago the first stunt kites I ever saw were TRLBYs being flown by Mr. Kligman of Klig's Kites. I now have a stack of nine & this summer I will go back to the exact spot of that flight. This time I will be the pilot. There will be joy so great that there may be a ripple in the fabric of time.

That is so awesome Dude!

Be sure and post some pictures for us.