KiteLife Forum

Giant Beach Toys

janola

I made a spike too, in cheap nasty horrible fabric, which amazingly enough is holding up quite well - tho looks after spike I do.

Sounds as if you are making a 'Turkish delight', tho I think it looks more like the Willy Wonker Gob stopper.

Gobstopper

Seems to me, that with a ground dweller and the protusions of this creation, there could be all sorts of opportunities awaiting one who dared.

I'm hoping to make a smaller version of a bronto, but we'll see. Fabric to do yet.

That Gobstopper is pretty cool. I like that.

Here's the picture that has inpired my next ground toy: Giant sock

I have about 50 pounds of balloon ripstop fabric to use for it :)

I'm going to look at the Gobstopper some more though. That has some great possibilites and might just get incorporated into 'Crazy Sock' when I get to it ;)

Cheers,

P.

• 2 months later...

ok, I gave it a good shot. started out being a ground dweller, but ended up in the air hangin off a lifter.

dinocoolum.jpg

The day I finished sewing was the day that the wind died. He was tested in gale force winds, which wasn't very successful ;-) to a day later, with help and assistance and some rough rigging turned out Ok. Happy lil vegemite I is.