KiteLife Forum

Broken E3

Joespickles

The Echo would be a better choice than the 4D. The 4D has it's place, but I wouldn't get it as your first low wind kite. There are so many better choices...

Check this thread...

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5309-need-a-little-advice-on-light-winds-and-kites/

Not that I don't like the 4D, I have one...

That was filmed in wind so low that I had to light a cigarette (I used to smoke...) to see which way the smoke blew. The 4D is just too small to be truly enjoyable... Prism needs to make a Double-D !

• Like 1

FWIW I'm a new pilot as well and just picked up the ITW swift and it's been forgiving and fun and more kite than I am pilot. I've only had it out once in 3-6 MPH winds and I would easily take it out with less. I would easily default to the other opinions here but thought I would throw the option out.

• Like 1

I used an older 3-D as my travel kite, since it was so small and fit in limited areas! But it is definitely a different feel from any full sized kite! Worked really well on 30' - 50' x 50# lines in light winds! I now use an older Prism Ozone for light winds (if I'm not trying to fly my Rev SUL)!

• Like 1

If my wife allows me to live another day (after kite arrives). Keep on the look out for news of new kite. Ugh. I feel dirty for sneaking around,,, but really happy a new kite is on the way. :)

Ps the Teldar tape is on its way to finish repair on e3' weather is supposed to be rain rain and more rain this weekend, E3 news to follow, if I broke my e 3 into five pieces , expect very slow updates on the ul

It's forcast to be foggy & overcast, but good wind on Saturday & sunny on Sunday, no wind forecast, yet. That's for the Island, I know the weather can be much different a little bit west. Drive east if you need to fly !

• Like 1

So one last post before I am airborne , starting a new post with actual flight pics, The tape arrived today to repair the sail, I was told to use scotch tape on first side as it is removable, tape oppsosite side with Teldar,,I forgot if after removing scotch tape to I also add Teldar to second side, Kite in hand itching to fix

g

• Like 1