KiteLife Forum

Kymera (5/15/13)

John Barresi

On this rainy day..... I was thinking. I don't have anywhere near the skills for this kite yet, but it can still become a proud member of the "clan" until that day comes.

Speaking as a "zoom around, if I manage to do a slack line trick, it's an accident and results in a tangle, happy doing figure 8's and square turns" duallie flyer, I believe that there is nothing wrong with owning a kite that is capable of more than I am. That just means I don't have to spend more money as I get better.

• Like 1

Speaking as a "zoom around, if I manage to do a slack line trick, it's an accident and results in a tangle, happy doing figure 8's and square turns" duallie flyer, I believe that there is nothing wrong with owning a kite that is capable of more than I am.

Hey Barton,

Even "zooming around" goes better, with a better kite. I'm kinda in that same category, when it comes to dual lines, but I prefer to call myself a "cruiser". I simply love to stand in the surf, and buzz the wave tops, chase the sea gulls, and just, as you say, "zoom around", whether it be dual line, or quad line.............. :ani_giveup:. Everyone can't be a JB, you know, but we can all have fun. :ani_victory:

• Like 6

Well, you're in luck if you win the Kymera... it zooms around great, makes sharp, clean lines if you want to fly shapes and has a wonderful obnoxious sound when it really gets going. Oh, did I mention it does all the tricks ?

I was torn between getting a red one or a green one... I got the green one for the overcast days, maybe RNG will see fit to send me a red one for the sunny days !

:cat_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, maybe you should take it with you, and save on postage.

It could be going to "SparkieRob" or "West Australian" :cat_lol:.

Well it could :cat_shifty:

I think I like that idea!!!

I wouldn't protest that notion! Play with the coincidence RNG. It would be perfect.

I'd give up this and all future drawing to meet up with JB and "the crew" next weekend. I'll get to a kite festival one day. Who knows, with all the different kites I want to get, I might be able to have my own! With my buddy WA of course.

Psst.