KiteLife Forum

Spblat says hi

spblat

I'm feeding my addiction. After a few years getting used to my (old) New Tech Detonator and a lumbering brute of a Wei Fang (

) it's time to graduate (and de-lurk). I've just ordered my Widow Maker and it can't arrive soon enough. That's all for now. More later!

Hi spblat, I'm also based in Portland!

...as I was told when I was directed here from another forum, super-cool. I'm quite hopeful that will translate into opportunities to hang out with and learn from other kite people. :-)

• Like 2

Don't know about Twitter, but many fliers are on FB! Several groups there and loads of contact!! We have a page called Portland Area Kite Flyers - a place to put any info, questions, festival updates, etc., even simple asking who wants to fly where!

There should be directions on the map page that will guide you to adding your spot!!

Just looked at your park - trees - YUK!! If you can find a really open area to fly, do it!! Locally, Delta Park West is a fav spot to go! Remember that wind is greatly affected by trees, houses, etc.! Your looking for a large field with as much exposure to as many directions as possible! I also fly really close to home, but my park is very direction oriented! Winds from the "wrong" direction make it a nightmare!

Another great place is down to the coast for a day! Lincoln City, Seaside, all work very well for us fliers!!

Where ever you go - have FUN!!

• 2 months later...

Hello from Virginia, keep posting, I'm listening & want to know your perspective. My reawakening began almost a year ago & it keeps getting better. KiteLife is here for you to enjoy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...