KiteLife Forum

Winding up lines

websherpa

So what do you have- - like triples of everything?? I mean. I got a couple more sets of 120' x 90# in a draw, brand new!! But I don't carry everything I have with me every time! Pretty much just carry what I need!! :ani_idea:

So far as doubles or triples, yes, if you are talking strength, but they are different lengths.

Quad set examples:

(80'x50# 100'x50# 120'x50#)

(80'x90# 100'x90# 120'x90#)

(80'x150# 100'x150# 120'x150#)

(85'x200# 100'x200#)

Now, as for dual line sets, seems that nearly every dual line kite, that I bought in the past, had either 100'x150#, 85'x150#, 100'x100#, or 85'x100#, so yes, there are duplicates there, maybe even triples.. As for carrying them all - I have a flight box, that stores and carries my dual lines (and a few quads) in the bottom section, and general tools of the trade, in the top tray, so why not have everything along, if I'm loading up and going out?

If I'm going out, to specifically fly one particular kite, usually a Rev, I will just grab a stake, a set of handles, and maybe one set of lines, however, if I'm going somewhere, such as the coast, with a lot of kites, the box always goes along. Never know what I'm going to fly. Be prepared for whatever.

Mainly dual line sets in here, and probably a couple of quad sets, somewhere

post-4670-0-74942600-1394290852_thumb.jp post-4670-0-32199500-1394290866_thumb.jp post-4670-0-18333400-1394290885_thumb.jp

Most of my quad sets are in this pouch, on the side of my Rev Bag (at least 9 sets)

post-4670-0-95856900-1394290977_thumb.jp

Oh, and I also have a big duffel bag, full of single line sets (forgot to count those) of various lengths and strengths, all on big 10" hoop winders, plus all the straps & anchors, etc. Now that takes up some real space, but still, never know what I may want to put in the sky. Got to be ready for whatever !

:ani_victory:

Yep I use 2 winders, I started using 2 and have just stayed with it.

Well yesterday was my 3rd day using 2 winders, and I am sold on doing it. Haven't had even one problem, run the lines out, hook em up, and fly. Can't beat it.

Hey RR, how come you don't have any quad short sets? Say 50 or 39 feet. Do you prefer the long lines?

R :cowboy: R

That's it, I do prefer the longer lines. I'm just not into urban flying, or close quarters. I'm basically a cruiser, so I like to put it way out there, and cruise in the wide open spaces. I learned to fly on top of a big sand dune, with super winds, with absolutely nothing near by, and nobody in the way. I actually made myself a couple of 150 ft quad sets, just for flying there. I am often surprised, when I fly at other locations, at just how small an area, it usually takes to fly, but still, I prefer the wide open spaces, clean winds, and no obstructions. I did make-up a 35 ft, and a 50 ft set, some time back, but they just weren't for me. I didn't like them at all. My preferred length, or go-to line, is definitely 100 ft, usually 50# or 90#......... If I can't put out at least 100 ft of line, I usually don't even bother.....

To each his own, I suppose, but hey, what can I say. :busted2:

My kind of flight deck:

post-4670-0-11728100-1394375389_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Hey Nick - 200# quad sets??? Whatcha flying - a locomotive???? I used 150#s with my Rev 1 back before I knew about vents, but 200#s??? Hook 'em up to your truck and tow it!! :ani_idea:

Recommended lines for PowerBlast 2-4 (per Revolution) is 200# x 100'.......... :cat_shy:

I'm with you, Nick. Long lines and lots of room. I will even walk a little further sown the beach to be sure I'm not close to anyone.

Wind's a little light today but the temps and the sunshine are too good to pass up. Heading for the beach soon.

:ani_yahoo::ani_yahoo::ani_yahoo:

• Like 1

I like the 50's when there is a crowd, but I flew on a set of 120's at KP and that was cool. Going to make a set. It's a whole different game flying in a pattern. Even just playing follow the leader. Both are worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey, Nick,

The beach was wonderful today. Wind picked up about an hour before sunset and I wish I had brought the mid-vent. But it was a good afternoon. Just thought I'd let you know.

LOL :kid_devlish:

(Sorry about hijacking the thread.)

Hey, Nick,

The beach was wonderful today. Wind picked up about an hour before sunset and I wish I had brought the mid-vent. But it was a good afternoon. Just thought I'd let you know.

LOL :kid_devlish:

(Sorry about hijacking the thread.)

FOUL...............No Fair (tantalizing us) :thumbdown:

That big window is why teams fly on the 120' length!! Gives you so much more room to fill the sky or create patterns!! Just about the first thing I'm using if room for them!!

I'm really digging on shorties, 30 feet. There was plenty of wind and room this morning but I choose 30's for the PoloVTD cause that's the mood I was in.

On topic: they are by far my easiest sets to wind and unwind as they have many, many cycles on them. They could pretty much do themselves!