KiteLife Forum

Is there a kite that has a special meaning to you? Quad, dual, or single line

Hasek

My synapses were firing the other day and what was rolling through my mind was is there one kite that has a special meaning to you. If so, why?

My collection isn't that big, I have seven kites; four duals and three Revs.

Of my quads, the Rev II is my "prized piggy". I'v flown it a lot and it was my first quad. It also brings back memories of good times in learning to fly and hanging out with a buddy of mine.

As for the duals, I cannot remember the last time I've flown them, although one stands out in my mind because one of the guys who used to fly at the local field made it, it flies great, and it's an beautiful design.

What's your prized piggy?

I have two "prized piggy's", and they were both gifts. Neither are anything special, but both have special memories for me. Other kites come, and other kites go, but these are always at home.

Prism Fanatic

(my very first real kite)

post-4670-0-85762600-1366487564_thumb.jp

Revolution 1.5 SLE std sail

(my very first quad line kite)

post-4670-0-50800600-1366487572_thumb.jp

So, oink,oink, little piggy's :cat_shy: You're always safe with me..............

• Like 3

I guess my 'prized kites' would be my Fearless SUL & Sea Devil SUL. My wife asked Lam Hoac to build them for my birthdays in 2009 (Fearless) and 2012 (SD). Light wind flying is my favorite, and both of these kites will fly & trick in just 1-2mph of wind !

P1090150.jpg

• Like 5

I guess mine would be the first of them all for me. Prism Snapshot 1.2 foil. It rarely gets flown anymore,but is always in my stack of stuff that rides in the vehicle daily.It was alot of fun to learn the basics on.

And of course.... my first B series. It all started to come together with this one and gets flown daily!

post-7551-0-41242700-1366574751_thumb.jp

• Like 1

For me, it has to be my B2 Standard. It's the kite that hooked me on Revs. It's always first out and last back regardless of the wind. It takes all the abuse I give it and just keeps coming back for more. Long lines, short lines, I'm always smiling when I'm flying that baby. 3y8yrubu.jpg

• Like 2