KiteLife Forum

Finally Flown Indoors

West Australian

Hi All,

I have been an avid zero wind single line flyer for over a year now.

Mostly on the Wala.

But I had never flown indoors.

Today I cracked out my Zero-G, in the Factory/warehouse at work.

Usually there is a large Back Hoe in there, but today I had a bit of space.

7m x 18m (23’ x 60’) with Fencing on one long side, tool wall on the other, and vehicles at both ends.

Probably not the best environment, but I had fun.

Got some great flying time in, while the rain poured outside.

I would like to try a bigger space one day though.

• Like 4

Try an indoor soccer center - HUGE!!! Right now only 2-3 of us, sometimes only 1!! Plenty of room for gliders, Revs, and dualies, all at once! JB and Watty know the place - HUGE!!

But now our outdoor season is gearing up, so we get all the outdoor time in that we can!!

But if it rains or the wind doesn't blow ......... inside, here I come!!

I have not been fortunate enough to find a spot for indoors. We have a mall that is 2 stories locally, been thinking of just breaking it out and seeing how long it takes security to run me out. :) and what's really bad is the winds blowing......and I find myself wishing for none.... Who knew?!

• Like 1

Try an indoor soccer center - HUGE!!! Right now only 2-3 of us, sometimes only 1!! Plenty of room for gliders, Revs, and dualies, all at once! JB and Watty know the place - HUGE!!

But now our outdoor season is gearing up, so we get all the outdoor time in that we can!!

But if it rains or the wind doesn't blow ......... inside, here I come!!

That would be so cool, I have been looking around for a possible place.

I have not been fortunate enough to find a spot for indoors. We have a mall that is 2 stories locally, been thinking of just breaking it out and seeing how long it takes security to run me out. :) and what's really bad is the winds blowing......and I find myself wishing for none.... Who knew?!

Yeh, I know how you feel.

I get that temptation too ;)

Did not know that zero wind flying existed until my recent kite awakening last fall. First I got a 4D & flew it a bunch when nothing else would stay up. Started having success in lighter and lighter conditions. Next I got the Wala. My first single line magic kite. I learned that it would fly in virtually any conditions & also in about any amount of space available. The first back flip was quite a thrill to pull off. I must have done it twenty times before the smile faded slightly. Had a good windy winter day & put a Micron tail on the Wala & sent it up on 500' of line, what a design. The local hawks even came by for a look at the new bird. Now I have a Zero G & a new learning curve begins. I now actually like light puffy gusts. I work in a large factory & I too am pondering indoor flights in vacant areas. This addiction keeps getting better, right?

post-7709-0-58643000-1367461951_thumb.jp post-7709-0-80026000-1367462095_thumb.jp post-7709-0-09946200-1367461810_thumb.jp post-7709-0-25734400-1367462036_thumb.jp

• Like 2

those zero g's have really caught my fancy since they came out. I have only seen one fly once but it was gone before i could get a closer look.. I would love to get one for my wife,, duals arent' really her thing. are they pretty easy to fly?

oh heck.. i'll get her one and if she doesn't like it,,,, well, you know! :ani_whistling:

• Like 2

those zero g's have really caught my fancy since they came out. I have only seen one fly once but it was gone before i could get a closer look.. I would love to get one for my wife,, duals arent' really her thing. are they pretty easy to fly?

oh heck.. i'll get her one and if she doesn't like it,,,, well, you know! :ani_whistling:

I find the Zero-G very easy to fly.

It glides very well and turns nicely, it does not stall out easily (for Backflips and dives)

I have handed it to a few inexperienced flyers and they have had fun with it too.

• Like 1

I have really been getting challenged by my Indoor flying.

The very tight space that has hazzards all round, makes me a lot more careful.

It is certainly not Ideal, but it keeps the rain off my head while I fly.

Does anyone else fly in a warehouse or factory environment?