KiteLife Forum

Another Newbie Reporting over to the Dark Side

SHBKF

Hello Kitelife, I'm new to Revs and somewhat new to forums, so please be easy on me, till I learn my way around. I've heard such good things about Kitelife, so here I am - another Newbie. I was recruited by Reef Runner, so please don't hold that against me! Started flying Revs in January, stayed in the air on the third session. All the web help available is tremendous but you have to spend time in the air to earn your wings. For me kite flying is attractive in several ways besides the joy aspect. I should be able to do it for at least twenty more years. I can do it virtually anywhere I am. I don't have to pay to fly once I have the equipment. No meaningful restrictions will be affecting me. Can fly solo and or share with others. It is complex & will never be mastered completely. Conditions change all the time. I can do it year round. And so on. I am sure you know what I am saying. So this is where I am coming from. Flying in the highlands of Virginia. Hope to fly with you someday.

• Like 6

Hi Dayhiker - sounds like you've already reaching flying enlightenment in all ways that matter! :kid_content:

Welcome to the site, lots of super friendly folks around here who only give enough grief to let you know you're loved. lol

Seriously, glad to have you - someone to give us the real dirty on Mr Runner. :kid_devlish:

You fly dual and single too, or just Revs?

No wrong answer, just curious. :blushing:

"You fly dual and single too, or just Revs?"

Learning duel & single post-7709-0-59336200-1367456926_thumb.jp Old school post-7709-0-80293100-1367457184_thumb.jp& powerful post-7709-0-72767700-1367457349_thumb.jp Want to do it all. And someday a big single line something attached to the van......

• Like 1

Got the Power Blast 2-4 for Christmas. Santa got some hints. My thought was that it would be a great light wind kite. After I got some time on my SLE 1.5 I finally launched it in 8 mph wind, Wow! Now I consider it a great any wind kite. Have since had it in high winds & it moves fast. The inertia in turns is even greater than the Rev 1 so some may not like that issue. Even flew it on 50' 50 lb lines in 3 mph & had to lean back when crossing the window low. It is an excellent glider too. Some day it will power a buggy I hope. That's my newbie view.

Hey Dayhiker... welcome ! Kitelife is the first online kite forum that I found, and got a tremendous amount of help from these guys. Wildwood isn't too far from Virginia, come up & fly with us at the end of the month !

Looks like you've got a nice duallie collection going, check out the 'IFLY2' group on Facebook. Dual line flying's making a comeback !

:cat_lol:

• Like 1

welcome!!! Great people here!

Nice to see you are keeping up on the duals and SLK's! I am a newb and found rev's pretty early in the game but am committed to my duals too. To me it all depends on what mood i'm in and what music I'm going to play.. also a nice Full Vent is great on those high wind days!

Nice collection Ralph!

Always glad to see multi-discipline fliers coming along, there are so many cool kites to play with. :)

==

FYI - here's the IFLY group on Facebook that Rob mentioned earlier...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/221998147943305/

LOTS of kite stuff happening on Facebook, all the time. :)

http://www.facebook.com/kitelife

http://www.facebook.com/akasocial

• Like 1

Always glad to see multi-discipline fliers coming along, there are so many cool kites to play with. :)

Last year, even though I had some interest in kites, I was not aware of Revolution kites. September 23rd I walked into a kite store to buy a kite. I did not have a particular one in mind but I was going to spend a bit of "excess cash". As I looked at all the kites I saw four Rev 1.5's on display. I thought that they were curious looking & asked about them. "Oh, that's more than I want too spend" I told the clerk. He told me a bit about them but I could tell he did not fly one. The store displayed a video of Revolution kites being flown. Wow! I need one of those Revs. But I was a bit hesitant thinking that flying those kites may be difficult to learn. So I bought my little Snapshot 1.2 & had quite a bit of fun with it on the beach. I thought I would check out those funny looking kites on the web when I got home. There was a slight ripple in The Force. I was headed over to the dark side. A couple months later my wife bought my first Rev as a gift for my birthday. Then she gave me a stack of six TRLBYs for Christmas, gotta love her. Tried to fly the SLE just one time in November with results you might expect. Two more sessions in January then ah ha! Now I've found gliders & the kites just keep coming. It's all good. Yes there certainly are many cool kites to play with.

May 8th, a new milestone, now an official subscriber, Thank you KiteLife.

This evening a spectator watched me flying the little Zero G in a very small parking lot & said it looked like I was lassoing the wind.

• Like 6