KiteLife Forum

Kite Painting

pwiii

I've seen the other video of Terry Rankin painting with a Rev... such a cool idea.

*hint* ....I bet if there were some other top pilots that would try this, (maybe even a collaboration)

the resulting artwork would probably bring some good $$$ at auctions & raffles.... *hint*

:ani_whistling:

I've chosen a Polo Kite to be my Rev mid-vent. I think they look amazing, and it looks like they fly pretty well, too. My initial hesitation to get into Revs was my dislike of the factory look. There's not much that can be done about the shape, I guess, but the patterns leave a lot to be desired, too. Bazzer's eyes look real nice (as well as most of the masterpiece series) but the premium is pretty high. THe Polo versions are only ~$50 more than a factory stock sail. Seems like a bargain to me !

• Like 1

I see some large canvas in multiple sections, as to take up a large wall in a commercial setting....school,hospital,courthouse,etc... even a donated painting(if displayed),in this nature, would bring smiles...and most certainly media coverage of some sort.

Just some thoughts before I head out to fly after 4 days of rain and high wind......SUNSHINE and mid teens wind! :)

I've seen the other video of Terry Rankin painting with a Rev... such a cool idea.

*hint* ....I bet if there were some other top pilots that would try this, (maybe even a collaboration)

the resulting artwork would probably bring some good $$$ at auctions & raffles.... *hint*

:ani_whistling:II agree

I've chosen a Polo Kite to be my Rev mid-vent. I think they look amazing, and it looks like they fly pretty well, too. My initial hesitation to get into Revs was my dislike of the factory look. There's not much that can be done about the shape, I guess, but the patterns leave a lot to be desired, too. Bazzer's eyes look real nice (as well as most of the masterpiece series) but the premium is pretty high. THe Polo versions are only ~$50 more than a factory stock sail. Seems like a bargain to me !

It's funny you say that as I was considering the same option as I already have a Std. and a B-full vent. Although I think it will be hard to beat the flight characteristics of the B-series that is why I asked if anyone had flown the Polo kites. The patterns are cool.

I can't say if those Polo Kites fly any better or worse than a B series, but at my skill level, I'm sure I'd never know the difference. From looking at the videos, I'd die happy if I could learn to fly that good.

• 5 months later...