KiteLife Forum

iFlite - iFlite Vented - iFlite II

West Australian

I want to try out the iFlite family of kites and was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them.

I would like to be able to fly one in my lounge room and other small spaces.

How does the flight of the vented compare to the Standard?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer...

WA

The iFlite I is offered in either vented or non-vented versions, the iFlite II is only offered as vented! I have an early iFlite I non-vented and an iFlite II and love them both!! For smaller areas, I'd look at the I, it's just a bit smaller and very nimble! The II still is nimble, but I'd recommend a bit larger space for it!!

Sorry, can't give you a direct review on the two versions of I out there, just don't have that one in a vented model!

• Like 1

I have, but ceiling fans can be dangerous to the kite's health! I have used my iFlite I in my bowling alley, to show them indoor flying is possible! And I took it one year to a Super Bowl party, started flying it at halftime and forgot to watch the rest of the game!!!

I began with an iFlight I, which, as other fliers have found, tended to oscillate (pitch up, stall, dive, recover, and pitch up again. On advice of an iFlight I Vented flier, I photographed his to get the exact dimensions of the vent, and cut a vent in my unvented iFlight I. That cured the problem. Now, with the delightful, easy, slow glide of my iFlight II, I hardly ever touch the iFlight I any more.

• Like 1

I began with an iFlight I, which, as other fliers have found, tended to oscillate (pitch up, stall, dive, recover, and pitch up again. On advice of an iFlight I Vented flier, I photographed his to get the exact dimensions of the vent, and cut a vent in my unvented iFlight I. That cured the problem. Now, with the delightful, easy, slow glide of my iFlight II, I hardly ever touch the iFlight I any more.