KiteLife Forum

Do I need to glue in End Nocks?

websherpa

So after what felt like eternity I've finally got my Kymera flying again after crashing it on it's maiden flight and breaking a leading edge spar. I put everything back together and had it flying sort of flying today. The first 10 min at my spot the wind was O.k. then it dropped to 2-5 m.p.h. for the remaining 2 hours until sunset so I flew my ITW swift. Smiles all around.

When putting my Kymera together I didn't bother with gluing the end nock in place since the fit seemed snug and if I break the Nock I won't need to replace the spar or vice versa if I break the spar. Anything wrong with this logic? The broken spar had the factory Nock glued in place so I wasn't able to re-use.

Being a newbie, with little authority, I don't see anything problematic with that approach. My Prism 4D has loose end nocks by design. I don't think the end of the tube will be cracked by impact with it loose but that may be the thought. Some parts I only lightly glue so they are held in place but can be loosened with a sharp whack if needed. Others will have more insight I'm sure.