KiteLife Forum

OBX at last ! What a Blast...........

Reef Runner

OBX, the place I bought & flew my first "stunt kite" many years ago. Anxious to get back & fly it there again. Of course, this time, I'll have a few additional kites with me. Rev it up Reef Runner! Wish I was there.

post-7709-0-13194500-1370395221_thumb.jp old number one

• Like 2

Well, I suppose the Weather Channel can be wrong on occassion. It ended up, NOT raining yesterday (Wed afternoon), and so far today (Thursday), nothing.........but nice wind. :ani_whistling:

Here's another toy I found down deep in my kite bag. Must be 10+ years old, and never flown. Anyone ever heard of a Prism Triad. Actually, I think you can still buy them today, for about $30 +/-, so definitely not a rarity.

post-4670-0-75626200-1370542140_thumb.jp post-4670-0-08279800-1370542159_thumb.jp

Another neat little toy, when you just don't want to string out a bunch of line, and had rather just kick back (and wait for the rain) :big_beer:. I think our luck is about to run out today !! Beach time is just about to come to an end.........

• Like 1

Sorry you decided to vacation at the beach just in time for the first named storm of the hurricane season ! Stick around, ride it out ! Storms are a real adventure when you're right there on the beach...

I'm glad to hear you got some flying in. Looks like a great place ! Post some more pictures when you get a chance... :kid_smartass:

Sorry you decided to vacation at the beach just in time for the first named storm of the hurricane season ! Stick around, ride it out ! Storms are a real adventure when you're right there on the beach...

I'm glad to hear you got some flying in. Looks like a great place ! Post some more pictures when you get a chance... :kid_smartass:

No problem with the storm. We aren't worried, and have been here during much worse. It's just that we've got to leave on Saturday morning, anyway, and it's going to pour buckets, all day Friday, so what's the point. Plenty of things I could be doing at home. I really wish this was happening on a Sunday - Thursday. We'd be here for sure...........as you say, coastal storms (to a certain extent) are a real treat ! Most people never get to experience the beauty, or the strength, of "Mother Nature" at it's best, and no where better to experience that, than right on the beach............... :cat_shy:

• Like 1

I'm planning a day trip down to the Rogallo Festival tomorrow. Looks like I just missed you. :(

Yeah, sorry we missed each other. I always manage to miss that festival. I'm either coming in, late on Saturday, or leaving early, on Saturday morning......... I'll have to make arrangements to make it, one of these years.........