KiteLife Forum

Another wala pic

Joespickles

I will buy a Wala XL in your color soon. The picture is very nice & I wondered if that is where your cabin is located?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

(need to start taking pictures while I'm flying)

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just arrived home from a good day flying Revs at the Peterborough Kite Festival ( UK that is )

but I did buy a Blue Wala !

Anybody got any good tips for flying these would be helpful for this old fellow ?

Bill

• Like 2

Let it rip!

Use the high wind spreader setting(on top) for most static and tail flying conditions. The low wind setting( on face or bottom) for indoor and low wind acrobatics. Spine tension settings are also fun to play with in both situations. The low wind setting with tails in strong wind can be Fun but you have to be aware of possible damage (it will flex alot).

Most of all have fun! I love mine and the Xl too.

• Like 3

Scott's got this one nailed! Windy outside - put the spreader behind the sail, light wind or indoor - put spreader in front of sail! You can push the dihedral fitting through the hole in the sail for either position! Playing with the sail tension is another thing. Most loosen it up for indoor or light wind, or leave it in stock setting for windy outdoor flying! Very versatile and built like a tank! Enjoy!!

• Like 2

I will buy a Wala XL in your color soon.

I got that same color Wala...........looks fantastic in the sky. Had it up 500+ feet, out over the Atlantic, just this week ! I cut my stock tail in half, sealed the two raw ends, and I now use it as two seperate tails. I added a pigtail to each wingtip loop, and now I lark's head the tails to them...(I removed the two metal hooks from the tail).....

Looks great in the sky .............. :ani_victory:

(it's in there somewhere)

post-4670-0-18662300-1370825254_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Reef Runner! Nick,

Thanks for the video links, it makes life so much easier when it is almost hands on! :ani_victory:

bill

You are very welcome.......... I found the assembly video to be very helpful. I watched it after ordering, while my Wala was on the way ! :ani_victory:

• Like 2

Hi All,

You asked for a report so here it is:-

First flights today 14th June at Dunstable Downs.

Wind, well it was enough to fly my Vented Rev at the same time!

Easy to set up and launch.

Pretty stable at all times with either tail configuration.

All I want now is a calm day !

Bill

post-7581-0-02044200-1371222707_thumb.jp

post-7581-0-13231200-1371222715_thumb.jp

• Like 2

The Wala XL doesn't seem to be readily available in the US yet. Once they are and if there's a competitive price on it I'll probably add it to my collection. I'm going to build my own glider soon and will use the footprint of the regular Wala as a starting point.

You sure about that?? Try A Wind of Change in Vegas, Kent has a good idea of what's available!!

Yea, I think that "ricmerry", may be thinking about the larger edition of the Skate. I think it's called a "Manta", but as you mentioned, Kent (AWOC) has the Wala XL, as well as other on-line vendors. It's the new Manta, that isn't supposed to come out, till sometime this summer.......... :clap2:

I've seen the original Focus Manta flown in barely any wind. Very impressive.... I'm anxiously awaiting the ITW mass-produced version !

Yeah, I was looking at that Manta in the ITW catalog, sometime back. Best I remember, they were pretty proud of it !

• Like 1

Gotta remember that baby is almost 10' from wing to wing!! I don't think it has the nose weight the original came with for indoor gliding, as it is aimed more for the outdoor crowd! I've seen one too, very impressive!!

Actually 10 ft 8 in............and no coin slot (not mentioned in the 2013 ITW catalog, anyway). Looks like the Skate is rated for 0 - 6 mph, while the new Skate XXL, or "Manta", is rated for 1 - 6 mph. I guess that means that you have to walk 1 mph faster, to fly the big guy, indoors :cat_shifty:.

Good looking kite, indoors or out !

:ani_victory:

post-4670-0-47618300-1371331578_thumb.jp post-4670-0-43236800-1371331594_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Yeah, I was looking at that Manta in the ITW catalog, sometime back. Best I remember, they were pretty proud of it !

But you know, even though they are a bit "$proud$" of the new "Manta", it does appear interesting.................10ft 8in................that's a bunch of sail, lift, ump, pull, go, etc, etc.......... :ani_rtfm:(very interesting)

I watched them fly the Manta when NOTHING else was in the air. It was at a festival, and all the big stuff was totally deflated, laying on the beach, the Rev guys were just hanging out, and I wasn't even able to get my duallies flying for long without getting bathed in sweat ! The Manta just hung in there, like it was filled with helium...

• Like 3