KiteLife Forum

Rules and Guidelines. Please Read!

rexracer

**KARMA**

I was recently reading a thread, and in a post by JB he said “pay it forward”. I’m a firm believer in Karma and paying it forward, so with John’s permission and support, I’m going to try a little experiment in Karma. It should be fun.

Here’s how it works.

I am giving away a 30’x50# LPG quad lineset on a home made plexi winder/balancer to start this off. (See the original **KARMA** thread). All you have to do to win it is reply to the post titled **KARMA** and say “I’m in!” I’ll give it 2 weeks, and then I’ll use the RNG to choose the winner. I’ll grab the post # (in the upper right corner) from your initial post to input. Only the first post where you join will count in the drawing. I’ll post the winner and ask them to PM me a shipping address.

Now here’s where the Karma comes in. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN TO WIN, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO PAY IT FORWARD! If you are the winner of this just made lineset, PM me a shipping address and I’ll send it to you anywhere in the lower 48 US States. Then IT”S YOUR TURN! You must start a new post with the title just like this one.

**KARMA**

And give something away! It can be a hat, a kite stake, a kite or anything kite related.

Some winners will give small prizes, and some will give larger, but it’s all about the giving.

Give away something that you would like to receive.

When you do your random drawing, post the winner and ask them to PM you an address, and send out their prize! Now it’s their turn!

Some rules and guidelines:

Don’t play unless you’re willing to put up a prize and ship it to whoever wins.

Shipping is paid by the original poster, the winner pays nothing. Be prepared to ship your prize anywhere in the lower 48 US States. Sorry, but due to shipping costs, we really have to limit this to the lower 48 US States.

RULE CHANGE (7/31/2014): Members from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are welcome to enter the Karma drawings provided they are willing to pay half of the Karma prize shipping cost. The method and timing of the payment will be agreed upon between the two parties after the drawing for a particular prize.

You can choose the length of the giveaway, but keep it between 1 and 2 weeks.

Try to ship the prize promptly. You should be able to ship it within a week, but if you can’t, PM the winner and let them know. Sometimes life gets in the way! This whole thing works on the honor system so if there are any problems shipping or receiving a prize, it needs to be worked out between the two parties. Don’t forget…Karma!

This isn’t a competition, but feel free to be generous! If you can only put up a hat, or a tail for a stunt kite, great! If you have something in your kite bag that you never fly and would be willing to ship, that’s great too. Either way, the people that join to win it will appreciate it.

When you receive your prize, post a thank you to the thread where you won it.

The thread will be locked after that point so the new **KARMA** stays above it.

KiteLife is not responsible for exchanges of information and interactions between members, please be kind and treat it like any classifieds or online transaction.

Good luck, and have fun!

• Like 6

Karma is open to all members with a shipping address in the continental US, be they admin, staff, sponsors, subscribers...as long as they pay it forward if they win! I, personally, would LOVE to see you win something you want, that you don't already have, John!

Is there any objection to having more than one drawing going on at the same time? Should there be a limit on the number of simultaneous drawings (to avoid confusion)?

I think I would like to hold it to one thread right now, but I'm willing to discuss. PM on the way!

Is there any objection to having more than one drawing going on at the same time? Should there be a limit on the number of simultaneous drawings (to avoid confusion)?

I think I would like to hold it to one thread right now, but I'm willing to discuss. PM on the way!

I vote for one at a time. My reason is a little selfish. I would be unable to resist entering more than one, and with my luck I would win more than one simultaneously. My joy would soon be replaced by the realization that I had to come up with multiple things to give away for the next drawings (John wouldn't have that problem). That, and it would get confusing. Maybe we need to try and keep the drawing times short enough to keep the turnover high enough that multiples won't be needed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is another great way to get to know others living the KiteLife. I have purchased kites from a couple of the people on this forum & I think of them each time I fly their kites. I am just the guardian of their kites until they leave my hands one day on their journey across the sky.

• Like 4

Rexracer, has it ever been decided if more than one Karma drawing could be going on at the same time?

I'd like to put something up on the block. Joe's drawing is a four week deal, and then I'd also need to be the person to get RNG'd.... I'm itching to pass something along and the two mentioned factors are impeding my impatience...lol

• Like 1

Rexracer, has it ever been decided if more than one Karma drawing could be going on at the same time?

I'd like to put something up on the block. Joe's drawing is a four week deal, and then I'd also need to be the person to get RNG'd.... I'm itching to pass something along and the two mentioned factors are impeding my impatience...lol

Me too ! I already have mine boxed up ship :cat_lol:(no really, I do)

• Like 2

WOW Joe, putting new stuff up, that is very much putting it forward!

As for my request in regards to find out if we can have two Karma things going, I believe the decision should come from Rexracer, as this is his baby, and/or JB. There was a short discussion of this when the Karma idea came to in this very same thread posts 9-11 with no decision stated.

From that discussion, it seems one at a time was the way this is leaning. Although maybe the over see-er of this could have exceptions in the case of a long time frame Karma drawings. For Example if Joes drawing is 08-03-2013, if someone wanted to start another one that drew on say 07-24-2013... splitting the time frame, that might be acceptable?

Pete, BB, and Joe have chimed in. Does anyone else have thoughts about this. I'm sure RexRacer and any others that may be involved in stating an official policy on this would like to hear other's thoughts..... other than my own...lol

• Like 1

Rex and I spoke briefly about this (it is his baby), no decision as of yet...

My inclination is to see us focus on a one drawing at a time, but set a maximum entry period of 2 weeks.

Right now, I think we're looking at a month-long drawing but there just aren't that many folks.

Personally, I'd like to see the current Karma drawing moved up to mid-July.

• Like 2

I'm on board with John. One drawing at a time with quick turnover. If you have to order something. You can have it shipped to the winner or something. Multiple drawings will get complicated and could get completely out of hand. If you want to be involved in more drawings, I recommend throwing a couple of bucks to the AKA for their monthly raffle. It's a Rev this month. Just sayin.

• Like 1