KiteLife Forum

Kite Line

Michael E. Allen

I was just wondering what line I should get for a dual line kite. I understand that kites require different line. What I don't know Is the best all around line for its lasting ability. Line that does not Frey or break easy, least amount of friction and so on I'm sure I am missing a few questions. So I am trying to learn about different line and the differences between them.

Laser Pro, Laser Pro Gold, Spectra, Dacron and so on.

Ultimately what is your go to line for best performance?

Although I'm flying on Shanti Speed line mostly, I also like Laser Pro and Berry Blue. The stock Prism line isn't too bad, either. Lines that bind after 5-10 wraps aren't necessarily a bad thing, because the other side of that is finding yourself with 30+ wraps in your lines, and it takes a while to unwrap them once you figure out which way they're wrapped !

• Like 1

I think Berry Blue is no more, I'd stick with either Laser Pro gold or Shanti Speed! Flown both with positive results!! Dacron works for single line kites, stretches as the wind gusts and lulls, but wouldn't use it for any stunt kites!! Too much stretch and it will melt the good lines if it comes in any real contact!! And no Kevlar either, cuts anything else flying!! UGH!! :ani_wallbash:

• Like 1

I was just wondering what line I should get for a dual line kite. I understand that kites require different line. What I don't know Is the best all around line for its lasting ability. Line that does not Frey or break easy, least amount of friction and so on I'm sure I am missing a few questions. So I am trying to learn about different line and the differences between them.

Laser Pro, Laser Pro Gold, Spectra, Dacron and so on.

Ultimately what is your go to line for best performance?

What you want is a good spectra line. Laser Pro Gold, Shanti Speed, Shanti Skybond, and Berry Blue are all good products for duel line. I generally lean toward Laser Pro because I like it's resistance to stretch and creep (stretch over time) which is particularly important to me when flying Revs. I haven't found other products that quite match it.

• Like 1