KiteLife Forum

Opinions on flying to music

rexracer

I flew my Rev to music for the first time the other day. It was a blast! I never have before since I don't have an I-pod (or an I-anything) but the wind was blowing in a direction where I could fly from a spot near where I parked my truck, and i opened the doors and cranked up some classic rock ( Aerosmith Get Your Wings) I particularly enjoyed Train Kept A-Rollin' and Seasons of Wither. I found that "flying with intent" was easier, and the beat forced crispness and accuracy with my moves, plus I love music, so there is that. I may have to get an I-pod type device so I can do this more.

How about the rest of you? How often do you fly to music and how does it help. or hurt, your flying?

• Like 3

Dude, it sounds like you've got Toys in the Attic ! (my favorite Aerosmith !)

I never fly to music, unless you count what's in my head. I'll just play something on my way to the beach, and it keeps going around in my head while I fly. IDK, I like the sounds of the waves, wind, & birds, too. My wife even got me a pair of Beats for my iPod, just for flying. Just never got around to taking the extra time to remember that stuff when I'm running out the door to fly...

• Like 2

I never fly to music, unless you count what's in my head. I'll just play something on my way to the beach, and it keeps going around in my head while I fly. IDK, I like the sounds of the waves, wind, & birds, too. My wife even got me a pair of Beats for my iPod, just for flying. Just never got around to taking the extra time to remember that stuff when I'm running out the door to fly...

I was listening to Get Your Wings that day, though I do have Toys in the Attic. Most of my toys are in the garage, though.

BTW. It's been a busy year so far, but I hope to get down your way by the end of summer, so maybe we can hook up and fly on one of those windy beaches that steal all of our wind!

I have not listened to music while flying as of now but I know it will not be long before I do so. Took some time to get to a level of skill where I could fly well enough to fly while talking!

Sent from out on the road "looking for America"

I was listening to Get Your Wings that day, though I do have Toys in the Attic. Most of my toys are in the garage, though.

BTW. It's been a busy year so far, but I hope to get down your way by the end of summer, so maybe we can hook up and fly on one of those windy beaches that steal all of our wind!

That would be great. Trigger's going to be in our area this summer, looking to fly. It would be cool to get a fly together.

You can get an ipod shuffle for about $50.00! Holds over 100 songs a the higher memory rate or over 200 on the lower setting! Set to shuffle or album, lasts all day! I've got one, only thing it lacks is a screen to choose a song! You get what it gives you!

• Like 1

I LOVE flying to music!!! I haven't done it with my rev yet but I have a little two line parafoil that I have jammed out with lots. I put my headphones just over the tops of my ears so I can hear my surroundings and crank up the ipod. I'm an EDM (Electronic Dance Music) Kid which is usually high energy and driving beats, so if you have the wind to push the kite it makes for some amazing choreography! Once I get more time behind the strings background music will probably become regular, living in the midwest there's not alot of other background noise and our winds are never that loud so even a small boombox could provide accompaniment while still allowing banter.

You can get an ipod shuffle for about $50.00! Holds over 100 songs a the higher memory rate or over 200 on the lower setting! Set to shuffle or album, lasts all day! I've got one, only thing it lacks is a screen to choose a song! You get what it gives you!

Heck, get yourself a 5th gen Nano (it's still got the wheel), and you'll have up to 4000 songs to listen to, plus a selective screen, to do your choosing, if necessary. I got two of them, one for flying, and one for the docking station, in my shop (which plays 24/7). That's a lot of tunes to get through, and it takes a bunch of flying to hear them all. None-the-less, with all of those tunes, I still listen to "Pink Floyd", when I'm flying. It just seems to fit.

But, as Mystaynedskin said, "Music makes the world go 'round", and round, and round, and round........ :blue-music:

Like flying to all kinds of music, Depends on mood, I have one iPod which currently has all Irish music on it, Tends to make me drink and not fly kites , @reef may switch tha

T over to Floyd, the other iPod has 22k sounds so I have lots to pick from, to all who want some back ground sounds, yurbuds sound ok and let in alot of surround noise. At must86, depending on the beats your wife got you, Mine drown out almost all other noises,,, @jb, is the music in your videos what you flew to or was that added later, either way always great to watch and listen to..

@jb, is the music in your videos what you flew to or was that added later, either way always great to watch and listen to..

It's always added later, although I have a few base tempos that I fly to (internally even without tunes), and my taste in music generally reflects that so there is a lot of synchronicity in my video editing. :)

• Like 1

I always fly alone, and I always fly, listening to "Pink Floyd". It just seems right.............. :ani_whistling:

'Learning to Fly' ? :cat_lol:

Into the distance, a ribbon of black

Stretched to the point of no turning back

Flight of fancy on a windswept field

Standing alone, my senses reel

Fatal attraction that's holding me fast

Now, can't escape this irresistible grasp

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky

There's no sensation to compare with this

Suspended animation - a state of bliss

• Like 4

I always fly alone, and I always fly, listening to "Pink Floyd". It just seems right.............. :ani_whistling:

'Learning to Fly' ? :cat_lol:

Into the distance, a ribbon of black

Stretched to the point of no turning back

Flight of fancy on a windswept field

Standing alone, my senses reel

Fatal attraction that's holding me fast

Now, can't escape this irresistible grasp

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky

There's no sensation to compare with this

Suspended animation - a state of bliss

Yeah, that's the one... or maybe Pigs on the Wing ? :akuma:

• Like 1