KiteLife Forum

Karma 8/1/13 (Kite Currency and a possible bonus)

bbailey49

Alright, folks, I'm keeping the Karma going.

The winner chosen by the RNG on August 1st will receive a $50 gift certificate to Flying Smiles Kites in Corolla, NC.

There are some requirements:

1. You cannot use the gift certificate money to buy the next Karma prize
  2. You have to report in this thread what you buy with the gift certificate
  3. You must post pictures of your purchase once you get it

As a bonus for meeting all three requirements, I will purchase an additional 1 year subscription to Kitelife.com for the winner. This will get you an extra entry into the Kitelife subscriber drawings while sending a little good Karma towards John for giving us this wonderful place to share our joy of kiting.

• Like 5

Count me in please, The good Karma is flowing well, eh? Hope to visit Flying Smiles in person this year. It would be a great reason to cruise by that way. Would probably buy something revolutionary.

• Like 2

The winner chosen by the RNG on August 1st will receive a $50 gift certificate to Flying Smiles Kites in Corolla, NC.

As a bonus for meeting all three requirements, I will purchase an additional 1 year subscription to Kitelife.com for the winner. This will get you an extra entry into the Kitelife subscriber drawings while sending a little good Karma towards John for giving us this wonderful place to share our joy of kiting.

One quick question. I clicked on the highlighted Flying smiles kites and could not find anything on that web page but a lot of info about them. Is there a special place to go to see what they have for sale? Or is it on that page and I just cant find it thanks Mike

One quick question. I clicked on the highlighted Flying smiles kites and could not find anything on that web page but a lot of info about them. Is there a special place to go to see what they have for sale? Or is it on that page and I just cant find it thanks Mike

Mike, their website does leave a little to be desired. Their desire is to not become an internet sales hub. They want to keep their brick and mortar identity. They have a facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FlyingSmilesKites) that has some pictures of some of the stuff they sell. They have anything you could want Rev, they sell Prism now, Into the Wind, etc. Cath or Eliot (Eliot is a Rev Masterpiece kite maker) would be glad to chat with you on the phone if you win to help you find something to spend that gift certificate on. They are quality people that have helped me out a lot in my growth as a flyer. I wanted to send a bit of the Karma their way as well. I hope people don't shy away from this one because they don't have the best website.

• Like 3

Mike, their website does leave a little to be desired. Their desire is to not become an internet sales hub. They want to keep their brick and mortar identity. They have a facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FlyingSmilesKites) that has some pictures of some of the stuff they sell. They have anything you could want Rev, they sell Prism now, Into the Wind, etc. Cath or Eliot (Eliot is a Rev Masterpiece kite maker) would be glad to chat with you on the phone if you win to help you find something to spend that gift certificate on. They are quality people that have helped me out a lot in my growth as a flyer. I wanted to send a bit of the Karma their way as well. I hope people don't shy away from this one because they don't have the best website.

Mike,

I can attest to what Barton has said. Cath & Eliot are great folks, and they are indeed, a real "brick & mortar" kite store. We are talking a R-E-A-L kite store, where people care about "You", and the "Kites" they sell. They are NOT just another tourist trap, located on the coast. They will take you out for a test flight, anytime, and help you through any questions or concerns that you may have. I realize that the "test flight", is a little out of the way for you, but trust us, you can get anything you need from them. Give them a call, chat for a while, and you'll see............just plain "good folks".........

• Like 2

Now, Nick? ;)

Not yet............waiting for my lucky (post) number to come up...............hope I don't miss it tomorrow, while I'm traveling........... :ani_weightlift:

Obviously a man with some depth of thought. Me? I wanna be the first one to answer. Perhaps it's my big flaw. I'll have to think about that next time I meditate while flying.
  • Like 1