KiteLife Forum

Difference's in a REV

Michael E. Allen

OK here goes the ultimate REV question. With so many different REV's on the market, if at all possible could someone please tell me what the difference's are in the REV line up?

Here is a list of the line up: I did not include the following, REV - 1, REV - EXP, REV - 1.5 SLE, REV - B 2

REV - B Series 1.5

REV - B Pro Series

REV - Masterpiece

I know the Masterpiece is the most expensive but does the extra cost give you a better flight or just a beautiful kite?

The REV - B Pro series is great because you can pick your own color's. Other then that is there anything that makes it better then the REV - B series 1.5 model?

Does the Masterpiece come with an extra frame?

So if you had the money to buy any of the three which one would you buy and why?

Either way I'm leaning towards the Pro or the Masterpiece because I like beautiful kites. With that being said I have to admit I like them all.

OK let the comments fly :rev_clockwork: Thanks, Mike P. S. I decided to save a little more two buy a pro or a masterpiece.

• Like 1

I chose the 1.5b. I have a set of those, and now I'm considering the Zen as my next Rev. I can fly anything from 3mph to 40mph wind, but anything under 5mph is work, and not good in the summer heat. That's why I think the Zen will be next...

The 1.5 pros are made with more care, by hand. I figured I don't need that level of quality while I'm learning. Maybe for my second set.

Hey Mike,

I am not familiar with the Masterpiece.

As for the difference between the B Pro and Standard, the Pro is hand sewn by iQuad's Bazzer and the standard is made by machines. From what I've read is that the Pro is more precise and has a few additions to help out the sail as far as stress points. I am not 100% but think I remember reading the material might be different (better) on the Pro; again, I may be mistaken on that.

An analogy would be the pro v. standard would be like getting a tailored suit v. one off the rack.

Another ditty I've read is that unless you have a fair amount of time and are proficient flying Rev's, you won't know/appreciate the difference between the Pro and standard. Pretty much tying into what Rob stated above.

• Like 1

I chose the 1.5b. I have a set of those, and now I'm considering the Zen as my next Rev. I can fly anything from 3mph to 40mph wind, but anything under 5mph is work, and not good in the summer heat. That's why I think the Zen will be next...

The 1.5 pros are made with more care, by hand. I figured I don't need that level of quality while I'm learning. Maybe for my second set.

I agree, but that's just my view. I am needing air time more than a particular color or quality. But why not? If you wish to fly the top level kites I say go for it. I am glad there are many choices. I do like the B & I will buy the Zen as my first Pro level Rev. But for me a B2 is probably most likely next & because it's my idea of a higher wind kite. But my whims change, if I were to go to a high end kite store it would be tough to buy just one. There are so many cool kites. I might need to get them all.
  • Like 1

That would be a fine choice and with all the goodies you get with the package, your next kite (vented) can be "Kite only" with the frame you're missing!! Check to see if lines are included in the package you decide on, if not remember to get some!!

• Like 1