KiteLife Forum

2 Point Landing Help - Dual Line

Augustus

I've been searching for instructions or a step by step tutorial on how to perform a 2 point landing. The most I got was this video, which shows a guy doing it over and over again.

Cool vid but his hands move so fast I can't seem to get the whole thing down. I have been trying this for a little while now and the best I can do is get a stall a bit off the ground. I've walked it forward and it floats down but I can't seem to get the snappiness I see others do when performing the 2 point landing. Can someone either direct me to or provide me with a good step by step on doing the 2 point landing in the middle of the window?

Thanks in advance. I'm new to organized flying and really want to get better at flying with intent.

Augustus

I've been searching for instructions or a step by step tutorial on how to perform a 2 point landing. The most I got was this video, which shows a guy doing it over and over again.
Cool vid but his hands move so fast I can't seem to get the whole thing down. I have been trying this for a little while now and the best I can do is get a stall a bit off the ground. I've walked it forward and it floats down but I can't seem to get the snappiness I see others do when performing the 2 point landing. Can someone either direct me to or provide me with a good step by step on doing the 2 point landing in the middle of the window?
Thanks in advance. I'm new to organized flying and really want to get better at flying with intent.
Augustus

Hey Augustus,

When I do a two point landing, it is very similar to how I do a half axel. Here is a good tutorial on how to do a half axel:

I basically just drive down the center of the window, and hit a hard half axel just before hitting the ground.

• Like 1

aww the elusive 2 point landing. i had some good time this weekend. i had a stupid smile on my face every single time i hit it. i just head straight down hit a stall at the last minute and walk into it. if you do it to early your kite just hovers and then you pretend you meant to do that and try again. are run at it to get it to fall down to a 2 point landing.

The most important thing to notice about Martin's video is that he powers the kite up (pulls back on both lines) as it's heading straight for the ground, and at the last second he slacks off and makes the 1/2 axel move at the same time. The powering-up portion is the key to getting this... Once you get that, it's just about timing. When you practice it, put the ground 3 feet higher in your mind. Instead of a landing, you should end up in a low snap-stall.

Once you're confident that you're not going to drill it into the ground, go for the landing, 2 tips or 1, either looks great !

• Like 2