KiteLife Forum

Ocius tail wieght

Prawnstar

does anyone have a picture of the original tail weight that is included with the kite?

i bought a second hand ocius and was wondering what the original one looks like. Could one be made ?

I have a kite shop generic weight i bought, but its kinda bulky, and zip tied on at the moment :)

so i had a a bunch of 10gr oval shaped sinkers in the fishing tackle box.....i took to them with a hammer and flattened 3 of them, then bent them around a piece of wood..... then went to local hardware store and got some stick on velcro ...job done, now i have a 10gr and a 20gr tail weight :)

kggd.jpg

• Like 4

Well might as well give it a shot as well. See what happens. My ocius loves to go on its back as it sits now.

It also likes to stay on it's back, the weights often help make it easier to get in and out of a turtle on command, but you lose a bit of drive and stability as you add more weight. ;)

Definitely worked... Matt and I were out at the beach this past weekend, 10 grams on the tail of his Ocius UL really upped the trick ability, and made it a bit snappier, imho. :)

FYI - we did nudge the bridle point up about 1/4" to compensate for the added weight.

• Like 1

Yup John you are gifted at finding the center of mass in kites then making it work for you and adjusting to make work just the way you want it.

After flying with John and his weights for the weekend and playing with the Ocius with and without weight ill be permanently adding weight in the tail. had a great lesson with what weights can do for a kites and my flying.

Maybe even a little in the middle of the center spar to center the balance of the kite....?