KiteLife Forum

Rev 1.5 SLE Versus Shockwave

Marshall Placid

Hey guys!

I have the Rev 1.5 SLE, but I want to go a little/much faster...

I was thinking about getting the Shockwave as my next kite.

May I ask, all things being equal (same wind speed), between a Rev 1.5 SLE and a Shockwave, how much faster would a Shockwave be?

Just want to get a quick mental picture of how a Shockwave would fly compared to a Rev 1.5 SLE.

Aloha Marshall,

I have both a 1.5 SLE and A Shockwave. If you want speed and power, buy a shockwave. It is fast as lightening and it pulls like a beast. I would recommend getting carbon re-inforced handles and 150 lb lines, but you can fly one on 90 lb lines if you adjust your leaders right.

The shockwave is quite different to control than a standard 1.5. It slides around alot and is a bit harder to achieve precision control than a 1.5. But if it is speed and power that you want with the control of a Rev, get one!!! It will do a "dive stop" faster than you can blink! I love my shockwave!

I really like this video of some guy flying one:

If you have any questions hit me up.

Good Winds,

Justin

• Like 3

Never tried the Supersonic, but I love the Shockwave! It pulls like a beast. It doesn't fly like a 1.5 but with a little leader adjustment, some courage, and some time on the lines you can fly it like a 1.5 or you can zip through the sky like a formula 1 race car!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Marshall,

I have a small kites shop and sold a Shockwavy and a Supersonic to a couple guys last fall. A few days later they brought them back complaining they didn't work right. So I took both kites out for a spin and they work GREAT! They fly just like they are suposed to! So what was the deal I wondered? I've decided it was because they do fly differently then a 1.5 and I found one guy had never flown a Rev at all! Now I have them sitting on the shelf waiting to find someone to fly them. So... I guess what I am trying to say is they both are very FAST compared to the 1.5, they both fly differently then the 1.5, and if you want one you will need to put in a little Learning Time, I dont think the regular guy is going to just pick one up and fly it like a pro in 10 minutes. But I also dont think someone that has never flown a Rev will be able to lean without a Long learning curve. Flight time on a 1.5 is big help I believe. You will also need quick reflexes and enjoy the challange of keeping something that size, moving that quickly, on short set of lines in the sky! The Shockwave does pull harder then the Super just like the other fellow says. So if you want speed and pull you want the Shockwave, if you just want speed you would probably like the Supersonic best.

But once you get up and runnning with one you will have a great time. Drop me a line if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the Sky

Dean