KiteLife Forum

E-cigs ? Vaping ?

RobB

Question

Just wondered how many of you have given up smoking for the e-cig ? Smoke on the kite field is very helpful in low wind conditions, but after 25 years of smoking, the e-cigs have gotten me off of the bad stuff and I can still tell which way the wind is blowing !

Thoughts ?

• Like 1

I bought a vap pen last year for about $15 at a head shop. It leaked after the first day and I gave up. The other day I went to the local e-cigz store and bought a KangerTech Aerotank V2 for about $29. It's a very high quality tank. The coils are replaceable. I'm liking it.

Ed

v7e9av.jpg

24dqa92.jpg

I have been vaporizing teas, among other things, with the Magic Flight Launch Box. I have had it for over a year and is the perfect traveling kit if you want to vaporize fresh herbs instead of oils. If anyone has interest in the product feel free to PM me. I know a lot about the kit. Here is a little commercial about it.

That one looks cool, and a lot smaller than my Volcano ;) What's the ball bearing for in the picture of your kit?
2cghchx.jpg

Just a thought, if that Kanger ever craps out on you, a Nautilus by Aspire works wonders. Even the mini, better than most tanks. I have both, the reg and the mini and like the mini better. I also have the Atlantis by Aspire. It's a subohm tank and it chucks the clouds. Personally, my new favorite is the Artic. It's another of the subohm tanks, this one comes stock with .2 ohm coil and can run it at 100 watts.

I'm just starting out and I'm not sure if I want to get into massive sub ohm clouds of vapor. I like the Kanger Tech so far. I'm curious as to how it can crap out when I can completely disassemble the unit and clean. Then add a new coil, and it should be good as new. I just read that you shouldn't put a glass vap pen in your pocket just in case it shatters. The Kanger comes with an optional metal chamber that looks like it can take a beating.

I just bought a couple of minis for $10 each online. They also have the optional metal chamber. More flavors! Nice

nx2beq.jpg

I like the dual coil Kangers. The mini aero-tank is really nice, I just don't like the mouth piece. The Kanger glass is pretty tough, I haven't had one break yet, even dropped them a few times. I did have the glass in a Davide tank break, and that sucks because the glass is hard to get. Cleaning is really easy, just take it apart and rinse it with hot water... dry & you're back in business.

I rebuilt my kanger coils when I used a kanger mini. I've never shattered a glass tank in my pocket, only from dropping them. Coils can and will crap out at any time. I can get a month or more out of my Aspire coils. I also use rdas and build my own coils. Everyone started out right where you are now. Some stay at that stage, and a few move up into the hobby aspect of vaping, as I did. Truly, it's all about what works for you.

After 27 yrs of smoking I was finally able to quit thanks to ecigs. 4 yrs ago the gear was awful at best but it did the trick. Today I only use regulated mods with rebuildable tanks. One fill up and two 18650 batteries lasts all day. For beginners, today's equipment is really top notch. If anyone needs some direction or help don't hesitate to ask. I'm a newbie with Revs and I've gotten so much info on kites here perhaps I can help return the favor helping someone off the smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 years last month that I quit smoking (25 years, pack a day...)

I still have my 'electronic pacifier', though. I will say that I feel much better than I used to, I was able to recently hop back on the mountain bike without coughing up a lung...

• Like 2

Coming up on 4 years for me next month. I have worked at a vape shop for about 2 1/2 years and I too am willing to help anyone out as well. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding vaping. Batteries, mods, attys, etc, I can help you out with all of it.

Ain't e-cigs the same as still smoking? Still got a plume of distraction being sucked in or puffed out of your of respiratory system.

I think I should buy something that glows blue when I suck on a restricted electronic tube.

Think about it! Just don't do it!

Why do you need to do it?

You'll find out, you don't need to do it.

maybe I can cure the need by touching my cell phone!

If we're sharing, although not ecigs related, I stopped 4 and a half years ago, cold turkey, after smoking for 17 or so. Was nagging my father forever to stop his 50 years streak, with the appearance of health issues, finally I said to him "I won't ask you to stop any more, but know this, as long as you go on, I will too". Two weeks later he says to me he's been off it for two days, and it's time for me to join. And so I did. Without even a last cigarette.

Thank you kindly, Iftah.

• Like 1

Good to hear about your success, Iftah. It's a tough habit to kick, any way you look at it.

As far as e-cigs vs. burning tobacco, yes, kind of the same, but e-cigs don't have any where near the harmful chemicals found in tobacco products. I actually spoke to my doctor about my use of e-cigs, and he said while e-cigs aren't good for you, they're 1000% better for you than smoking...

• Like 1

The UK just released a study in which they found that ecigs are 95% safer than analogs. They're even considering giving them out for free to their citizens to get them to quit smoking. Pretty impressive I say. Though I knew that (they were safer than cigs) already just by how they affected me and my life.

I started smoking at 14 years old, 46 years later I walked into a hospital with a cigarette in my mouth right up to the front door, hours later I walked out with a nicotine patch on my arm and was told the surgery could fail if I continue to smoke. It's been almost 4 1/2 years for me now as well after only 2 months on the patch. I live next to a reservation and with cartons of smokes still only $21, it was extra hard to even want to quit my 3+ pack a day habit.

I see kids drinking energy drinks, chewing tobacco and using those e-cigs, and thinking it's wrong. But then again I was 14 once also.

So why the blue light at the end of an e-cig? Why any light at the end of one?

I never saw an e-cig until maybe 2 years ago, and saw someone using a selfie stick for the very first time maybe 2 months ago, it was the only selfie stick I saw in my life.

Which is better, the patch or an e-cig? What's in e-cigs that's so great. Are nicotine patches as popular as energy drinks or e-cigs with kids. Maybe in a few year from now the government will offer free e-cigs to kids that are hooked on nicotine patches. I'm your doctor, when in need.....

The light on the end serves a few purposes. One, it let's you know, due to number of blinks, whether it's time to let it cool down from being chain smoked, also let's you know when it's charging, when it's fully charged. The thing about ecigs is it so closely mimics smoking, it's easier to quit actual cigarettes. It's safer by a long shot, also cheaper. You choose your nicotine level, and you can taper down if you want, and eventually be nicotine free. Ecigs saved my life I know for a fact.

• Like 2

Only just found this !! Well I've been vaping for 6 months now , over the last few years trying the cigalikes with no luck I got an Ipower 80w mod and a cleito tank and went the hole hog with making my own juice , so now here I am after a 26 year habit of around 30 a day I'm now using something that's at least 95% better for me

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 1

Buying juice, or mixing your own?

I'm of the strong opinion that e-juice is like, well, "juice"...

Go down to the market and pick out "juice" products, varying %'s of actual juice, tap water, sometimes artificial flavors, Polysorbates, Dyglycerides and whatever else, the worst quality would indeed be worse for you than it needs to be.

Not sure how far back I posted it, but I'm still mixing my own juice at home... Roughly 2%-3% nicotine (quite low), certified organic vegetable glycerin and organic, pure caramel flavor... Not only do I know exactly what's in there, but I can adjust my %'s to taste - best of all, I probably spend an average of $40 every 6 months for ingredients.

In any case, we all smell a hell of a lot better now. :)

• Like 4

Well I've just updated my vaping tank and now have a aspire evo tank running a Cleito .4 ohm coil the tank came with a stock coil that made the tank tpd compliant so only had a 2.5 ml capacity but with the cleito coil takes it to 3.5 , I run my istick 80 watt at 40 watts and make my own juice , I try'd so many different tanks to give up the fags and the cleito was the one that made all the difference, the strange thing is if I try to mouth to lung I coughed my guts up but now I straight to lung no problem plus it's gives me plenty of clouds to see the wind direction lol IMG_3541.JPG

Oh I nearly forgot I've had my evo tank for two months now and I'm very impressed it's never leaked on me even when the tank has been full and laid on it's side all night

Well I've just updated my vaping tank and now have a aspire evo tank running a Cleito .4 ohm coil the tank came with a stock coil that made the tank tpd compliant so only had a 2.5 ml capacity but with the cleito coil takes it to 3.5 , I run my istick 80 watt at 40 watts and make my own juice , I try'd so many different tanks to give up the fags and the cleito was the one that made all the difference, the strange thing is if I try to mouth to lung I coughed my guts up but now I straight to lung no problem plus it's gives me plenty of clouds to see the wind direction lol IMG_3541.JPG

Oh I nearly forgot I've had my evo tank for two months now and I'm very impressed it's never leaked on me even when the tank has been full and laid on it's side all night