KiteLife Forum

Karma 8/15/13 New Prism Nexus

rexracer

Wow, we came full circle! Time for some new blood.

Up for grabs is a new Prism Nexus in your choice of color!

Like many here, my kite bag is on the small side, so I don't really have much to give away, and I already did a line set, sooo... I needed to purchase my prize to put up.

I just got off of the phone with Theresa at The Kite Shoppe and she agreed to do something pretty special for us, and this thread. From now on, any of you winners that need to purchase something to pass forward in your Karma giveaway can order it from Theresa at The Kite Shoppe and you will get a 10% Karma discount on any non-custom item. Just call her up, buy the item you're putting up as a prize, and when you have the drawing have the winner contact her with a mailing address and she'll ship it out!

That is how you'll get your choice of color for this Karma. Theresa has already pulled the 3 colors available and will send the lucky winner which ever color they choose!

So, who wants a new stunt kite! Just post "I'm in" and you're in the running.

I have to send out a special thanks to Theresa for agreeing to do this for us and for this thread. I can feel the Karma flowin'!

• Like 4

That's one Prism kite I don't have, and haven't even flown. I'm in ! I have my Karma prize all picked out all ready... it's in keeping with this Prism theme you guys have going.... (wink!)

• Like 2

Okay, Karma folks, I feel the need to say something as I am deeply troubled at what I'm seeing. This is a great prize and here we are nearly a week into it and only 3 people are in. I would like to pose a question: Are you sitting out because you don't want a Nexus or because you don't want to come up with a next prize that would match up to what has already been offered? If its the former, that's understandable and requires no explanation. if you don't want the kite, you don't want it. If it's the latter (as I suspect), then I would like to apologize as someone who may have contributed to that feeling with my prize. This is not about one-upping each other. This is about sharing with our fellow flyers. I promise that no one will criticize any offered prize. A $5 set of tails, a kite sleeve, an old book that has the word kite, whatever you want to offer, get in this drawing and if you win, offer it. I will be the first one to get in to win your prize and I will genuinely be excited at the opportunity to win it. This should not be stressful. We all just want to have fun and fellowship with our fellow kite flyers. So get in this drawing, win it, and pass the Karma on.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I may have contributed to this by putting up this prize, but I really don't have anything to put up. I suppose I could have made another railroad spike and golf ball kite stake...

You know what would get me to join in again? A kite bag. All of my kites are in the bags that they came in, and they're all seperate. I would love one of those roll up, multi kite bags.

Hats are always good, too. Does KiteLife have hats or shirts?

In short, if you want the kite, and you have something in your bag (or a bag!) that someone else could use, join in! If you don't have something to put up, but want the kite and are willing to get something to put up...a tail, a kite stake, a hat, a tee shirt... join in!

It's all good! (Karma)

... This is a great prize and here we are nearly a week into it and only 3 people are in. I would like to pose a question: Are you sitting out because you don't want a Nexus or because you don't want to come up with a next prize that would match up to what has already been offered? ......

Double B,

The reason I am not entering this drawing is the former. I have had my Karma prize selected from the inception and no it certainly doesn't one up the past two drawings.... I am okay with that. I just need to get selected for a drawing I enter ;)

Thanks for bringing this up as well Double B. I believe it's something that people need to be reminded of, this all is not about one upping!

• Like 2

I think six blue Nexus would look nice so I'm in. Five really pull & six couldn't be that much more I suppose. These kites were the ones that got me fired up enough to start posting on a forum I used to be active on. I got a bit carried away with my lengthy posts about linking but I'm a bit wordy. Here they are staked out & ready to launch for the first time as five. It was a great day. Flew my TRLBY stack for the first time that session also.

post-7709-0-54625700-1375922977_thumb.jp

• Like 2

To twist the knife - just realized, I think I might still have a used (but well kept) Benson Gemini kicking around here somewhere. :)

I'm sure if you win, you'll put up something great!

Now, I'm relatively new to kiting in a lot of ways, being solo and in a kiting desert, so what is a Benson Gemini and why does it sound special?

To twist the knife - just realized, I think I might still have a used (but well kept) Benson Gemini kicking around here somewhere. :)

Now, I'm relatively new to kiting in a lot of ways, being solo and in a kiting desert, so what is a Benson Gemini and why does it sound special?

I think it's one of those wacky looking twin center spar dual lines.

http://www.bensonkites.com/kites/gemini.html

http://reeddesign.co.uk/kites/images/minigem2.jpg

Hats are always good, too. Does KiteLife have hats or shirts?

Yep! ;)

http://www.cafepress.com/kitelife

Great stuff! Are there ads for this here on the site that I missed?

Crap.

I swear there were, must have slipped out of the plugins somehow.

On the to do list, soon as I can - thanks for bringing it up. :)