KiteLife Forum

Karma 8/15/13 New Prism Nexus

rexracer

To twist the knife - just realized, I think I might still have a used (but well kept) Benson Gemini kicking around here somewhere. :)

I'm sure if you win, you'll put up something great!

Now, I'm relatively new to kiting in a lot of ways, being solo and in a kiting desert, so what is a Benson Gemini and why does it sound special?

Pretty excited about the Nexus, my son will love it ! He needs to fly smaller kites because he doesn't weigh much, yet. When you're only 55 pounds, a full sized kite can be kinda dangerous...

Benson Gemini... one of my favorite kites. It's a great kite, but really hard to fly... or should I say, really hard to trick. These videos are what made me want to learn how to learn how to fly dual line tricks. I'm still working on it, I didn't realize that it would take this long to even come close to this guy's level of skill.

http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html

I have two Geminis, and have been looking for an UL for some time. I should just order one, but my skills don't quite match what this kite demands, yet.

post-786-0-42274100-1376161943_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

To twist the knife - just realized, I think I might still have a used (but well kept) Benson Gemini kicking around here somewhere. :)

Now, I'm relatively new to kiting in a lot of ways, being solo and in a kiting desert, so what is a Benson Gemini and why does it sound special?

Pretty excited about the Nexus, my son will love it ! He needs to fly smaller kites because he doesn't weigh much, yet. When you're only 55 pounds, a full sized kite can be kinda dangerous...

Benson Gemini... one of my favorite kites. It's a great kite, but really hard to fly... or should I say, really hard to trick. These videos are what made me want to learn how to learn how to fly dual line tricks. I'm still working on it, I didn't realize that it would take this long to even come close to this guy's level of skill.

http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html'>http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html

I have two Geminis, and have been looking for an UL for some time. I should just order one, but my skills don't quite match what this kite demands, yet.

Holy smokes just watched November, First video that I could actually see slack in the lines, Whole new perspective for me

• Like 1

Well, it was the fall editions of the Stoked in the Park series, and JBs Sea Devil video that got me hooked on learning tricks. I just knew I wanted to be able to do that someday !

BTW, John, are there any HD copies of this video floating around ? It is one of the best dual-line videos out there, but just like AW's videos, the video quality is, well, so 2004 ! :cat_lol:

• Like 2

I'M IN..............

Ok, I said I wasn't going to enter this one, because I just recently sold two Prism Nexus. Well, it now seems, that someone in the family (and there aren't but two of us), thought that one of those Nexus, that I sold, belonged to her ?

Go figure !

All I can say now is............

Go Lucky #34 !

• Like 1

http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html'>http://wardley.org/kites/movies/stoked.html

. Rob your videos are what I am striving for,
  • Like 1

Thank you for saying so, but after we spend an afternoon on the beach, I think you'll go home with all I know !

Coney Island, second weekend in September ? Should be an easy ride for you...

Thank you for saying so, but after we spend an afternoon on the beach, I think you'll go home with all I know !

Coney Island, second weekend in September ? Should be an easy ride for you...

Hmm. I may be able to make it that weekend. Want some company?

YEAH BABY!!!

:mf_party::mf_party::mf_party: :mf_party:

I FINALLY KNOW THE TASTE OF VICTORY!!

Really, thanks a lot for the chance to win... The Nexus will go to a good home, maybe at WSIKF. ;)

Stay tuned for my Karma-in-turn, will try and dig something up today, tomorrow at the latest.

(FYI - you can ship that bad boy to the address at www.kitelife.com/contact )

If it's coming from The Kite Shoppe (unsent), they can also relay it to me at WSIKF. ;)

• Like 3