KiteLife Forum

Possibly the most viewed kite video ever!

John Barresi

I didn't see this in the recent forum posts, and I wanted to bring it back to the surface...

With almost 1.4 MILLION views since January, this video has become the most watched kite-specific video on YouTube and is STILL exposing thousands of new people to indoor kiting every week - hats off to Spencer Watson (our Executive Editor here at KiteLife), Matt Cyphert (MTP Studios), the World Kite Museum and Northwest Sport Kite League for helping to make this happen, truly amazing.

Best I can tell, this is now far and away the most-watched YouTube kite video of all time.

So proud of Watty, he's already helping to lead us into the future. :)

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is great and is still great propaganda. The number of views as of today is 1 637 494. Progress, though at a reduced rate.

(However, this topic sounds so depressing though actually being a very positive one. Using the construct: "Over a million people exposed to X", I normally would expect X to be something harmful like: asbestos, solvents, DDT, polluted drinking water, bad ergonomics at work, invading slime moulds...  Actually I meant no harm to the slime moulds ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slime_mold , http://arstechnica.com/science/2010/01/amoeboid-designs-complex-transportation-network-eats-oats/ ). They are actually nice little (non-animal) creatures (of several centimeters dependent upon state) that actually do move/crawl/change shape(!), solve limited navigation problems, have a so to say external memory of where they have been, can be found in humid air conditioners (and haunt you in the sleep... :))...like SF but for real)