KiteLife Forum

Want to play?

Hi all - as I'm catching up on email, forums, Facebook, etc, I'm wondering out loud...

Is there anyone out there in kite land who is hip to Wordpress (including general plugins) and has basic graphics skills that would be interested in doing some housework on the KiteLife website?

Y'all know where my heart is... I'm trying to make a living doing what I love, but I really hate "pushing" anything and have real difficulty looking at the site objectively enough to place and aggregate ads or product placement on our pages, coupled with the fact I'm currently handling a ton of activity for various entities (KiteLife, AKA, iQuad, etc) - seems like there isn't enough time in the day.

That being said, I do realize that more could be could be done toward making the KiteLife site a little more effective, ethically.

Some things on my radar...

- Mirroring magazine ads (retailers, etc) into the forum somehow.

- CafePress (KL shirts, hats, etc) banners in both the forum and ezine.

- Subscription prompts and info

- Video tutorial plugs, re subs

- And... ?

These are mostly individual "short jobs" (one-time effort, minimal time investment, applied globally through plugins), and I'd obviously be involved - if you see a hole and have an itch, I encourage you to pitch me a solution via PM - easy enough to compare notes, upgrade your site account to staff, and voila - we're off and running. :)

In short, if anyone has the necessary skills and perspective, is feeling the love and can spare 30 minutes here or there, I'd be deeply appreciative... I realize this isn't your business, but I'm hoping someone feels the quality of my sentiment - the more I can focus on producing activity, distributing information and community rallying, the deeper KL's offerings will be for everyone who has the bug.

Truly - won't hurt me if this topic leaves chirping crickets (I'm blessed as it is), but I figured I'd send up the bat signal - just in case.

Mad love to y'all, just cuz you're breathing and share a passion positively. ;)

Definitely not standing by! *grin*

post-1-13761023138911_thumb.jpg

(photo by Gary Maynard of the Detroit Windjammers)

I'm in the same boat. If you asked this 15 years ago I might be able to help, but the last time I worked on a website I worked in notepad and a 28.8 modem was fast. I hope someone steps up, purely for selfish reasons. If we free up some time for John, maybe he can find some time for some more video tutorials, like some dual line stuff! (hint, hint) :ani_whistling:

• Like 1