KiteLife Forum

Karma 9/5/13 - Benson Gemini STD

John Barresi

Oh yeah baby, it's finally my turn to throw some Karma around! :ani_yahoo:

Straight out of the KiteLife kite room, this used Benson Gemini (STD, not a UL) has seen some fly time already but is in very good condition.

post-1-0-44834500-1376593099_thumb.jpeg

post-1-0-67641400-1376593091_thumb.jpegpost-1-0-98707500-1376593081_thumb.jpegpost-1-0-65609000-1376593074_thumb.jpegpost-1-0-60653700-1376593068_thumb.jpegpost-1-0-63389600-1376593064_thumb.jpeg

(sorry for the photo rotation)

Video of the Gemini in action...

This kite will need a little love (re-glue stoppers and a damp cloth), but it was given to me a couple years ago and it's ready to find a new home where it will see a little daylight...

Which one of you will be this kite's proud adoptive parent?

All you need to enter:

1 - Must be a resident of North America.
2 - Post a reply below with a clear "I'm in!"
3 - If you win, return the favor by putting up a prize (any value) for someone else to win.

Using the preferred RNG method, I'll be drawing a winner on September 5th.

Numbers will be assigned in the order you announce your participation.

Let the cajoling begin!!!! :ani_victory:

==

Entries this far (posted with "I'm in":
  • bbailey49
  • Dayhiker
  • Joespickles
  • makatakam
  • lmoaks
  • Michael E Allen
  • elmo264
  • zachprism01
  • Reef Runner

Drawing #'s will be the same as above.

• Like 2

What happened to - QUOTE - "Rex and I spoke briefly about this (it is his baby), no decision as of yet... My inclination is to see us focus on a one drawing at a time, but set a maximum entry period of 2 weeks." Gotcha ! :cat_lol:

Oh, and while I'm being a pain, does this mean that you are NOT, using the post numbers for the drawing ?

Just curious because it's hard to pick a lucky number, if you can't pick it yourself :ani_whistling:

• Like 1

Count me in, again. A modern classic. Maybe it will like my style or perhaps lead me to a new one. If it comes my way I would ask for a signature and a date to make the karma even stronger. This has been a very positive year & my optimism is quite high. Best wishes to all who join in. When I used to fish it seemed like the individual that needed the biggest encouragement would catch the best one. I think this may be the outcome for this fine kite. If you are just ghosting this forum please join up & enter.

• Like 1

This is the wildest kite to have in your bag, even if you only fly it once in a while. There aren't many kites that I've flown that are more extreme than this one. I would say that I'm 'IN' for this drawing, but I have two Geminis all ready. Some day I'll actually be able to fly it the way it was meant ! This is a more recent video of flying the Gem, I have to get them out and give them some air soon. Maybe they've learned something new in the last 3 years !

• Like 3

Note, I did edit my lead post to add the bit about paying it forward in a new drawing should you win (item 3).

All you need to enter:

1 - Must be a resident of North America.

2 - Post a reply below with a clear "I'm in!"

3 - If you win, return the favor by putting up a prize (any value) for someone else to win.

If this previous omission confused anyone and you want out, just reply say "I'm out."

Thanks for your patience! :)

This is the wildest kite to have in your bag, even if you only fly it once in a while. There aren't many kites that I've flown that are more extreme than this one. I would say that I'm 'IN' for this drawing, but I have two Geminis all ready. Some day I'll actually be able to fly it the way it was meant ! This is a more recent video of flying the Gem, I have to get them out and give them some air soon. Maybe they've learned something new in the last 3 years !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NNm0uLBcI'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0NNm0uLBcI

Hi Rob, what length lines are you flying with ?

I always fly on 75'-85' lines on my beach. Any longer and the kite is in the water or the beach brush. I fly shorter lines in lighter wind, but the two Gems that I have need 5-10 mph wind.

• Like 1

I am very interested in a Rev related Karma drawing... I have very little Rev stuff. The first one with the shorty lines had me drooling. 2 Revs and 3 SLK Ghost Deltas are all I have here on vacation up in Niagara Falls (Brought the little kite bag). Too bad I don't have a Zen, because that's all that will fly up here with the predicted winds for the next few days... Maybe we'll find more wind when we get to the next stop in the mountains on the way home ! Good luck to everyone with this one, it's a killer prize that anyone would have a big smile with !

"OK" ------ "im in" ------ I wanted to be in the other carma drawingings but I could never come up with any carma

to send more carma out and keep the good carma flowing. Took me a while to find something nice. proly a kite and a pair of -------- shhhhh thats a secret That you wont see comming.

If a miracle happens and I was to win this kite I would need some help with the following items that I copied and pasted from the item

"" This kite will need a little love (re-glue stoppers and a damp cloth), but it was given to me a couple years ago and it's ready to find a new home where it will see a little daylight...

Which one of you will be this kite's proud adoptive parent? ""
-----So its official------

" I'm in "

• Like 1

I am very interested in a Rev related Karma drawing... I have very little Rev stuff. The first one with the shorty lines had me drooling. 2 Revs and 3 SLK Ghost Deltas are all I have here on vacation up in Niagara Falls (Brought the little kite bag). Too bad I don't have a Zen, because that's all that will fly up here with the predicted winds for the next few days... Maybe we'll find more wind when we get to the next stop in the mountains on the way home ! Good luck to everyone with this one, it's a killer prize that anyone would have a big smile with !
What length do you want? I have some 50lb left..just not sure how much.. 30' set maybe? I have many lengths already and will need a new spool next round.
  • Like 1