KiteLife Forum

Karma 9/20/2013 -- Vintage Revolution Supersonic

makatakam

Way to go Nick..."new guy" luck...lol...good for you!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Enjoy the kite!!!

Oh, to makatakam....the Karma drawing...great idea. I'm going to check my "inventory" in the garage...I must have something in there to "pay forward" for another drawing!

Is anyone out there interested in "dualies" or are "quads" it?

Oh yea, NIck, what are you donating to the Karma cause? Congrats again!

Check out the rules thread and the previous drawings threads to get an idea of the the guidelines and previous prizes.

Thanks for the input. I'll run down to the kite shop here in town tomorrow and see what I can come up with for a prize.

Hey Nick, don't forget, whatever you put up, it doesn't have to be "new"..............This Karma thing, isn't suppose to create a burden on anyone, not even someone from "Anywhere", USA............. :ani_victory:

• Like 1

Way to go Nick..."new guy" luck...lol...good for you!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Enjoy the kite!!!

Oh, to makatakam....the Karma drawing...great idea. I'm going to check my "inventory" in the garage...I must have something in there to "pay forward" for another drawing!

It can be anything kite-related. Doesn't have to be a kite or equal value. It's entirely up to the winners and what they can afford to offer. Five dollars or five hundred dollars -- doesn't matter, and there is always someone who will appreciate having it. This is DEFINITELY NOT a "try-to-top-the-other-guy" thing!!!! Something simple, from the heart, will generally be more than enough. If it's useful on the kite field, let her rip!

• Like 1

You will find that quad-line kite-flying is one of the greatest "mysteries". You may want to buy a piece of foam water-pipe insulation at a hardware store and snap it onto the leading edge of the kite to absorb some of the impacts you will probably initiate. Cut it into lengths that leave a gap where the bridle is attached. The kite comes with three replacement spars, just in case. The reason most flyers will need to use one or more is not breakage, but instead leaving one behind when breaking down the kite. I have spent many hours methodically walking grid patterns over the field to find the ones I managed to leave behind. (Just a heads-up)

• Like 2

Wasn't sure if it was okay to post links here and didn't want to be a spammer. I do a daily blog about our travels and whatever we're up to. Here is one from last week when we met John B in Seaside.

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/2013/09/darn-kites-again/'>http://gypsyjournalrv.com/2013/09/darn-kites-again/

I'll be following that blog. You have talent my friend. I can't believe you didn't mention winning a kite yesterday, though.

Thank you.

I will mention the kite in Monday's blog. I try to keep it to 500 - 700 words a day. Much more and I lose people. Short attention spans, I guess. If you search the August blog posts, I had several about the kite festival in Long Beach, with lots of pics and our introduction to Revs.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I will mention the kite in Monday's blog. I try to keep it to 500 - 700 words a day. Much more and I lose people. Short attention spans, I guess. If you search the August blog posts, I had several about the kite festival in Long Beach, with lots of pics and our introduction to Revs.

Hey Nick Russel, I think you got a hit here with the kite folks, especially while you are talking kites........ You really should start your own topic, under the "Everything Else / Off Topic" section of the forum [ http://kitelife.com/forum/forum/35-off-topic/ ]. Maybe you could repost the link to your blog there, so we can all keep up with you, going forward. The reason I suggest this, is that once you receive your Karma kite (SuperSonic), and start your own Karma topic, this topic gets locked, and no more posting, replying, etc.......... I'm sure you've got a bag full of tales to tell............ :bye1:

• Like 1

Wayne, yes we were for a while. That's where we met a woman named Colleen who goes by the name Jynx. She saw our interest and gave my wife and I over an hour lesson on her Rev. We were hooked!

Reef Runner, I can do that if it's okay with everybody. I just didn't want to come on here and start spamming with links and such.

• Like 1

Wayne, yes we were for a while. That's where we met a woman named Colleen who goes by the name Jynx. She saw our interest and gave my wife and I over an hour lesson on her Rev. We were hooked!

Reef Runner, I can do that if it's okay with everybody. I just didn't want to come on here and start spamming with links and such.

Gotta watch out for Jynx, heart of gold but hands of a dealer! Someone bottle that woman quick!!

• Like 3

Hey Gang...since I've been gone for a while and these Karma drawings were new to me, I went back and read about the previous posts/drawings to see how they went (all of your inputs to me were....motivating :clap; ) Simply, this is a great idea! More importantly, I know that I've got something of value for someone here. Thanks everyone!!! How did Arnold say it in Total Recall? Oh yea...."I'll be back"

• Like 2

@ Marty

@ Nick

It's my understanding, that it doesn't have to be a "dualie", or a "quad", or even a kite, and it doesn't have to be new. It can be anything that pertains to kiting, or that could be used by a kite flier, such as a kite bag, sunglasses, hat, wind meter, line winders, or whatever. I think it's pretty much wide open. It's not the item, or the value, that counts. It's the Karma ! :ani_victory:

Hey Nick from NC...thanks for all the additional info.