KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 Revolution (10/20/13)

John Barresi

When we travel, my old and tired Rev2 comes along to be flown in interesting places. Here it is stretching it's sail in Monument Valley on the Arizona-Utah state line. It sure could use a companion to help "carry the load" so to speak. I'm sure the rest of you would agree with nudging the RNG towards coming up with my number ... yes?
Cheers,
Tom
  • Like 4

Okay, so you won't buy into the vented B2 taking some of the load off my travel Rev2.

Guess, I've got to fess up and tell you the real reason I need it. You see, many years ago, Ben gave me permission to build some Rev-like kites ... all stuff that he didn't manufacture. I wanted to start out small, and thus, this is one of the first ones ... a four foot wing span vented "half-pint" kite. Cute little thing isn't it ... all babies are cute aren't they?

post-3460-0-27915500-1381465884_thumb.jp

Such a soft pulling kite ... in 25 mph plus winds, it's like holding a feather. It flies nice and all, but it's never grown up. To this day it's simply a half-pint. Now, with a more adult example, it surely would have a chance to mature.

Now that I've shared the needs of my half-pint kite with you, think of how gratifying it'll be to help me obtain the more mature vented B2 kite ... yes?

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 2

Whatever you call it, I want it.
Did I mention that my birthday is Tuesday and I'm a veteran?

Ok Nick...........quick lesson :ani_rtfm:

1. It's called a B2 vented, by Revolution Kites

2. Happy B-day, come Tuesday

and

3. We thank you for your service to our country (in all sincerity)

BUT,

4. Have you forgotten where you are ? Have you lost your way ? This is :sign_kitelife: , and when it comes drawing time, especially for a Rev, your best buddy just may turn on you. :big_bangin:

Never forget

~ ~ ~

"All is fair, in love of kites ! "

Now, lets get back to reality.................... :cat_lol:

5 - 9 - 0

( such a nice number, wouldn't you say )

• Like 2

3 B 2's Nick. Really? I have no B 2's, no Pro's, no Mid Vent, no Indoor, no Zen, no B 1.5 full sail. I think this one should be mine just out of sheer pity! The 2 Revs I do have are stretched out and over used, and I still can't fly most days because neither will match my wind conditions. :(

Help me oh great RNG, you're my only hope!

• Like 1

3 B 2's Nick. Really? I have no B 2's, no Pro's, no Mid Vent, no Indoor, no Zen, no B 1.5 full sail. I think this one should be mine just out of sheer pity! The 2 Revs I do have are stretched out and over used, and I still can't fly most days because neither will match my wind conditions. :(

You really only need a B2 Standard, I've flown mine up to 25mph! It's a complete-laugh-a-minute animal!

So I'll take this one, introduce it to its long lost brother and tell you how it goes....

• Like 1

You really only need a B2 Standard, I've flown mine up to 25mph! It's a complete-laugh-a-minute animal!....

@SR.........I'll bet that's a laugh a minute.............however, you wouldn't believe how much smoooooooother, the vented versions could be, in those winds. I rarely fly my standard, and actually, I find myself flying the mid-vent (3-wraps), 90% of the time. Then, on those 25 mph days, out comes the full vent........... :cat_lol:

Not saying you can't do it. I know you can, but that's got to be bad on the sail :ani_giveup:

Pity has nothing to do with it!!! :ani_giveup:

You really only need a B2 Standard, I've flown mine up to 25mph! It's a complete-laugh-a-minute animal!

So I'll take this one, introduce it to its long lost brother and tell you how it goes....

I hear ya...so when I win I'll trade for a B2 std!