KiteLife Forum

Speaking of big Sails...........

Reef Runner

That was an incomparable comeback. I wrote them off at 8-1 and stopped watching. Then when they started winning I made myself stay away from watching, because obviously that was working. Amazing job of not giving up.

Never give up ! They said they could do it.....and.........they followed up ! I recorded the races every afternoon, and watched them after dinner. I wouldn't even turn on the news, because I didn't want to take a chance on spoiling it...... These last two or three days have been absolutely unbelievable. Should you want, you can see the races at http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasCup :cup_1st:

......Tactics, all down to superior tactics........possibly what you might call the 'Ainslie' effect?..... :ani_whistling: :ani_whistling: :ani_whistling: ......exits stage right tongue firmly in cheek.........................

Seriously well done to all!

Great result - but....

USA?? Only one sailor on Oracle was American, there were more NZ sailors on the team!!

Sorry, but I'm "old school", lived in Newport, RI for many years growing up!! There were a few foreign sailors back then on our boats, but a majority? :ani_wallbash: This had nothing in common with the Cup as I remember it!!

Time's A Changing!! :ani_giveup:

Great result - but....

USA?? Only one sailor on Oracle was American, there were more NZ sailors on the team!!

Sorry, but I'm "old school", lived in Newport, RI for many years growing up!! There were a few foreign sailors back then on our boats, but a majority? :ani_wallbash: This had nothing in common with the Cup as I remember it!!

Time's A Changing!! :ani_giveup:

And if we don't teach the youth of our nation, about wholesome activities, like SAILING, it will only get worse......it's a real shame!

• Like 1

And as for the sail cloth, the only actual sail fabric, is in the Jib and Genoa.............the Main is a carbon fiber wing, and basically, mechanical...... Us older sailors are still in awe! It's simply unbelievable, what those guys did, and unless you have raced competitively, you really can't comprehend it. They got their butts whipped 8 - 1, with a two point penalty, to boot, and they turned it around, and came back to win 8 - 11 races (8 - 9 pts). That most likely, will never be done again, in our lifetime. :cup_1st: This was an event, that will never be equaled. Nobody comes back from an 8 - 1 deficit, with a two point penalty, and wins - unless they are good.............real good.