KiteLife Forum

Prism 4D Bridle Adjustments

dmcneil

Been having a lot of fun with my new 4D. It really does fly in next to nothing. Yesterday was my first chance to fly in steady 5 mph or so winds. The manual says for higher winds slide the tow point down on the bridle. It also says this will provide for "tighter turns". It also says do it in 1/4 inch increments. Well since this was the most wind I have flown in since I got it of course I just moved them down all the way. Holy crap. Up went the kite, I gave my usual pull on the line and the kite turned about 10 times on a dime before I could recover. It was like a whole different kite. I backed off the adjustments a little at a time until I could handle the speed of the turns. Eventually the wind backed off a little so could try other stuff besides taking off , looping, and landing. I can axel a little now, managed a side slide or two and even pulled off a flare to fade. Still can't do anything but the axel on command but its a great feeling when something comes together. Having a blast and can't wait to get out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I just got off the phone with Prism. I spoke to the customer service person there and explained the question on where exactly do the bridle lines from the T connector, connect to on the Red and Blue leader lines. As was stated before, there are 3 knots on each of these leader lines. The 1st knot is the one where you connect your kite line to at the end of the leader. The second knot is in the middle of the leader, and the third knot is right next to the adjustment for fore and aft balance of the tow point as illustrated in the owners manual. The line from the T connectors, which ends in a larks head knot, is fastened "over" the middle knot on the leader. This will keep the larks head knot in one position, and it will not slide around or move as one is flying the 4D.

Problem solved. ;)

Great kite, love mine, have flown it more than any other kite I have. It's easy set up & have flying in no time. If you are buying any parts from Prism they have some surplus 3D cases for sale in the clearance section of their store. It allows you to carry the kite without breaking down the leading edges. Only five bucks & will also easily carry two lines sets if on small winders. My suggestion is to call Prism instead of using their web store. The shipping shows really high cost that is not correct, at least in my experience. I had made several parts purchases for parts I broke early on. Have lost the tiny top spreader for the 4D a couple times but was lucky enough to find it, one time a day later. No kite stores within hundreds of miles of my location so parts are very precious. Enjoy your kite, their are many topics & posts to answer any questions you might have. Wishing you best winds.

Great kite, love mine, have flown it more than any other kite I have. It's easy set up & have flying in no time. If you are buying any parts from Prism they have some surplus 3D cases for sale in the clearance section of their store. It allows you to carry the kite without breaking down the leading edges. Only five bucks & will also easily carry two lines sets if on small winders. My suggestion is to call Prism instead of using their web store. The shipping shows really high cost that is not correct, at least in my experience. I had made several parts purchases for parts I broke early on. Have lost the tiny top spreader for the 4D a couple times but was lucky enough to find it, one time a day later. No kite stores within hundreds of miles of my location so parts are very precious. Enjoy your kite, their are many topics & posts to answer any questions you might have. Wishing you best winds.

Thanks, I already ordered a bunch of small parts, spreaders, T's, etc along with the 3D case, enough to rebuild almost anything. Of course, now nothing will ever break ;)

My suggestion is to call Prism instead of using their web store. The shipping shows really high cost that is not correct, at least in my experience.

My experience too. I ordered some small parts - nocks, centre T, LE fittings - from the Prism shop soon after I got my 4D as I couldn't get them from any UK shop.. The cost of the parts was $13, but when I went through the checkout the system wanted to add $35 shipping!!! rather a lot for a small padded envelope!. I emailed Prism and got a reply a couple of hours later saying that it was a glitch in the system when ordering small parts and if I went through the checkout only the actual cost of shipping would be charged. Sure enough when the parts arrived a week or so later the total cost of parts and shipping was only $19! - $6 to ship from America to the UK is pretty good! Always worth a phone call/ Email.

Thanks, I already ordered a bunch of small parts, spreaders, T's, etc along with the 3D case, enough to rebuild almost anything. Of course, now nothing will ever break ;)

I have found that you can buy the 2.5mm carbon rod that Prism use for the 4D frame from RC models shops really cheaply, I bought enough for a complete spare frame for around $10.

• Like 1

Thanks, I already ordered a bunch of small parts, spreaders, T's, etc along with the 3D case, enough to rebuild almost anything. Of course, now nothing will ever break  ;)   

Aye. That's the cost of insurance and experience.