KiteLife Forum

B-Series Mid-Vent Package (12/1/13)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers - hopefully it will brighten the day for someone in need this Holiday season... This time around, a B-Series Mid-Vent (package), roughly a $350 value!

post-1-0-77999600-1382326263_thumb.jpg

NOTE: Primary color of the kite in this drawing is PURPLE and BLACK with WHITE CENTER, on a MID-VENT SAIL.

This package includes kite, 3 wrap and 4 wrap frames, adjustable handles, DVD, weight kit and kite sleeve!

This is regular (factory) model, it is not a Pro by Bazzer, but will still provide excellent flying for whoever wins this.

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/370, and will be drawn on December 1st, 2013!

Our thanks (over and over), the very best to you and yours...

Let the drooling begin!

• Like 5

First, John, once again I would like to voice my sincerest thanks for what you do here and the awesomeness we get to take part in. I have a couple of questions on the description: "adjustable handles"...does this mean leaders with multiple knots, never heard it described like that. Second, where do the weights go?

• Like 3

First, John, once again I would like to voice my sincerest thanks for what you do here and the awesomeness we get to take part in. I have a couple of questions on the description: "adjustable handles"...does this mean leaders with multiple knots, never heard it described like that. Second, where do the weights go?

Adjustable handles, think this refers to the leaders with the knots along it. Standard Rev handles just have a short leader with one knot.

The weights go in the bottom of the (most common) down spars or (less common) in the outer edges of the LE. There are rarely used these days. I'm keen to try them personally.

• Like 1

These mid vent colors match my full vent.

It sure would be nice to take it out for a spin or tow or three or a dive stop

I was thinking I am in need of a new kite soon...after drooling, I mean seeing all those nice new Rev's in Seaside.

This could just be the one.

Thanks for all the work & time you put in...

Steve

Adjustable handles, think this refers to the leaders with the knots along it. Standard Rev handles just have a short leader with one knot.

The weights go in the bottom of the (most common) down spars or (less common) in the outer edges of the LE. There are rarely used these days. I'm keen to try them personally.

This is correct... "Adjustable" refers to the leaders, which are a bit too short from the factory anyway - the longer leaders most of us use are a bit frustrating, if someone doesn't have the chance to pick up on the tutorials or forums (which does happen), so the factory leader length is handicapped to ensure launch ability.

Do a search for "tuning" or similar here on the Rev forum for more info on this.

The weights... 99.9% of all fliers don't use them, even doing tons of axels and flic flacs, the real magic is in your hands and timing.

However, for a bit of fun... Try 4-6 times the amount of weight for a bit of fun, although it will increase oversteer (which is why we don't usually use 'em).

The heck with it, try everything, try taping quarters to every end of your kite just to see what happens - the real fun is on the other end of every rabbit hole.

I do this because I love it, and because of what others can find in kiting - I couldn't do it without y'all. :ani_notworthy:

Pay it forward!

• Like 4

OK…I was in the midst of buying multiple tickets for the B-Series PRO STD (Winter2013) drawing that was to be held on Christmas day, but then it vanished!

Am I going crazy? I did get receipts from PayPal so I guess I just can't find it for some reason.

OK…I was in the midst of buying multiple tickets for the B-Series PRO STD (Winter2013) drawing that was to be held on Christmas day, but then it vanished!

Am I going crazy? I did get receipts from PayPal so I guess I just can't find it for some reason.

Try http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5642-b-series-pro-std-december-25th-2013/#entry39360

Sent in PM also...........Good Luck

• Like 2

Try http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5642-b-series-pro-std-december-25th-2013/#entry39360

Got it, thanks. I was looking under Current Drawing…

• Like 1

Got it, thanks. I was looking under Current Drawing…

Good Luck............(kinda). :cat_lol:

• Like 1

Don't forget folks, we've got the "JB for a 3-day Weekend" raffle going on too...

http://kitelife.com/forum/topic/5644-jb-for-a-weekend/

(must be logged into the forum to view)

The only thing better than winning a brand new $380 kite package, is having a slave on hand to make it work right! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...