KiteLife Forum

Night lines.

SparkieRob

I'm about to go forth into the darkness for a little night time flying and I was steeling myself for the initial set up squints. As funny as it seems I have a hard time seeing my LPG lines during that initial setting up period. I was considering getting some 30' yellow Shanti lines to make it easier.

What lines do you use?

Do you find that type, or colour, makes a difference?

Thanks

• Like 1

There is always the possibility that you could leave your handles attached to your lines in anticipation of night flying. Someone just helped me figure this out. Saves time too if you have more than one set of handles.

Hmmmmm......... I never used anything but Berry Blue and LPG............didn't even know there was a yellow / orange line...... :ani_victory:

Go on the AWOC website to see 3 different lines - LPG, Shanti Speed, and Shanti Skybond! I'm thinking of trying out some Skybond lines to test the slipperiness and durability of them!! Saw them at WSIKF this year! Paul Dugard put 10 wraps in them, then handed the kite over to a relative "noob"! No problems with control, even with that many wraps! Plus he flew with many of us using LPG with no issues! Anyway, I'd like to test them out myself to see if I like them!

• Like 1

I'm thinking of trying out some Skybond lines to test the slipperiness and durability of them!!

I'd like to test them out myself to see if I like them!

Shoot me a PM, once you do your evaluation. As I mentioned, I've never used anything but Berry Blue and LPG, and I think that Berry Blue, is now history (?)....... :ani_idea:

I'm thinking of trying out some Skybond lines to test the slipperiness and durability of them!! Saw them at WSIKF this year! Paul Dugard put 10 wraps in them, then handed the kite over to a relative "noob"! No problems with control, even with that many wraps! Plus he flew with many of us using LPG with no issues! Anyway, I'd like to test them out myself to see if I like them!

The slipperiness is amazing. You really can fly with ten wraps like it wasn't wrapped. I haven't had any issues yet with durability, but I don't get many chances to team fly. I've heard it said that they're stretchier than LPG of equal test. I think I can feel it, but it doesn't seem to bother me much. I fly about evenly on Skybond and LPG these days.

I haven't seen any Berry Blue advertised on the websites I've been to lately!! :ani_giveup:

Yep, I think the company that was making it, went out of business..............

Occasionally, you might run across someone, that has a few (very limited selection), of the pre-packaged dual line sets, but that's about it.

• Like 1