KiteLife Forum

Global Rev Count

bbailey49

All, Just wanted to let you know that I am helping out JB by taking over managing the Global Rev Count on the Rev Forum: http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/531-global-rev-count/. We need your input to help us determine how many Revs are out there in the world. Right now I'm still using the same bulk counting method that John was using. However, I am working on a new system that will include numbers of each Rev model so that we can see a breakdown of popularity among the many different Revs out there. So hop on over and tell me how many you have and I will put you on the list. Thanks a bunch---Barton

• Like 3

Don't think I was ever approved ....so not able to comment.. I will double check tonite once computer is up and going. Can or will you transfer from here if that's truly the case for me?

I'm pretty sure JB does the approving over there as well, Scott. so a PM to him would probably get your problem straightened out.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if we could see some sort of globe with pushpins. Then us folks in less popular areas could identify new local buddies.

That would be way over my head in a programming sense, but you can check here http://kitelife.com/forum/forum/59-favorite-kite-fields/ and see if there's someone around you.

• Like 1

Don't think I was ever approved ....so not able to comment.. I will double check tonite once computer is up and going. Can or will you transfer from here if that's truly the case for me?

Never heard of anyone, NOT being approved. Must have been some kind of "sign-up", mess-up :ani_victory:

It'd be nice if we could see some sort of globe with pushpins. Then us folks in less popular areas could identify new local buddies.

On the Rev forum, there's a member map, I believe! Same here too! John also developed a mapping site for fliers, name escapes me right now, but it also gives some info on where people fly! I'm sure if John or Watty see this, one of them will have more info!!

On the Rev forum, there's a member map, I believe! Same here too! John also developed a mapping site for fliers, name escapes me right now, but it also gives some info on where people fly! I'm sure if John or Watty see this, one of them will have more info!!

Hey Wayne, or Chris,

It's called Kitemap.org http://www.kitemap.org/

Just go there and enter your flying field, or look around and find a spot near you........ :ani_victory:

Hi guys!

First to bbailey, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart - so glad someone has picked up the Global Count. :).

Second, I only do occasionally check up on the Rev Forum admin, it's mostly handled by John Mitchell.

However, I did get in there to validate a few accounts yesterday - please try again and let me know if you're still having problems?

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Never heard of anyone, NOT being approved. Must have been some kind of "sign-up", mess-up :ani_victory:
I tried several times a year ago...no worries ... I can read whatever i need and get pretty much everything I need right here. Either way, I see John approved a few...I will give it a shot again for the rev count. :)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Skline +1 (7) added mid-vent BP

If you don't mind, could you please put this entry in the global count thread on the rev forum? That's where the count is actually kept. The link is on the first post of this thread. Thanks -Barton

• 7 months later...

All, I have updated the Global Count List over on the Rev Forum. You should head over and check it out. If you aren't on the list already, leave your numbers over there and I will add you in the next update. Pretty impressive. 2777 kites between 317 pilots. That's over 8.75 Revs per pilot.

• Like 3

All, I have updated the Global Count List over on the Rev Forum. You should head over and check it out. If you aren't on the list already, leave your numbers over there and I will add you in the next update. Pretty impressive. 2777 kites between 317 pilots. That's over 8.75 Revs per pilot.

Damn. I'm less than average. You don't know the damage that causes to my psyche. I have to buy 4 more.

• Like 4

Damn. I'm less than average. You don't know the damage that causes to my psyche. I have to buy 4 more.

We warned you, did you listen? Of course not. I'll be hitting 14 in a couple of days. You still have a long way to go before you realize true addiction, but if you practice really hard .......

I ran some more numbers...median is 5 and mode is 2. So, you're not less than "average" by other definitions of average. ;)

I ran some more numbers...median is 5 and mode is 2. So, you're not less than "average" by other definitions of average. ;)

You're right, I should call 8.75 the "mean" not the "average"

• Like 1