KiteLife Forum

Revolution Multi Kite Bag

NylonSky

Took delivery of my new Rev Multi Kite Bag today! I'm very pleased with it. Held all my lines, handles, accessories, and of course all my Revs.

Which brings me to a question for fellow Rev owners, what's in your bag?

My Bag:

Zen

B 1.5 F/S

B 1.5 F/V

B2 Full

20th Anniversary Ed. Rev (signed)

Randy Tom Masterpiece

Subscriber 1150

• Like 3

To be totally honest, I don't even know anymore...

Used to have 83, about 2 years ago, but we've let a lot of them go to raise funds.

I do know we have 4 of the multi-kite Rev bags, and still can't fit it all in there. :)

One of these days I'll have to re-inventory just for giggles.

• Like 5

To be totally honest, I don't even know anymore...

Used to have 83, about 2 years ago, but we've let a lot of them go to raise funds.

I do know we have 4 of the multi-kite Rev bags, and still can't fit it all in there. :)

One of these days I'll have to re-inventory just for giggles.

If it's a bit overwhelming to count, send a bag to me and I'll count it.... Very.... Slowly...

• Like 6

The only bag that counts is the one that's with me always, .... 16 kites and 8 sets of line on handles ready to go in any weather, any wind, any place, almost any time (must check w/office & bride 1st!)

MISC:

(3) 15 inch no-snag handles

(1) Blast/stack handles 17"

(1) Titanium custom handles 17"

(1) indoor handles

(1) indoor mini handles

(1) 13 inch no-snags

(6) add'l sets of line on winders

(1) mini leatherman tool, lighter, locking forceps

(3) extra French bridles in plastic zip-locks

(1) bits and pieces, quick-set adhesive, hi-test bridle line, sleeving needle, shock cord

(2) sets of Steve's custom LED lights and spare batteries (fit 1.5 frames)

(2) large sleeves of just spars, from SLEs to P-90 travel size

(3) kite stakes

(1) gortex rainsuit ~ medium/tall

KITES:

(2) Old Glory Masterpiece

(1) Vented Eyes Masterpiece custom configured

(2) Shook mesh 75% custom configured

(1) 100% Shook masterpiece (thru AKA auction~ before official release)

(2) midvent pros custom configured

(1) full vent pro custom configured

(1) full sail pro custom configured

(1) diamond Zen custom configured

(1) B-2

(1) student abused B-series full sail

(1) Dave Ashworth's 2nd Gen. dedicated indoor, orcon custom (in a map tube)

(1) SLK Dunton/Taylor (home-built)

(1) Ryv1.6 SSUL no-sew (home-built)

• Like 3

B-2, full sail, whatever their latest model is (purple and gray), acquired thru that pusher Ben, went to a french bridle, inserted a race frame and slapped on some sissy sticks crafted of micro-carbon.

It's a flailer's dream, single rotational axels are more difficult than doubles! It does a roll-up landing and unrolling launch like it was on a frozen pond with heated ice skates. You can throw it all around and almost never have a walk of shame, for example practicing up & overs or momentarily flying it up-wind

Super easy to flick/flak and do a falling leaf too, so small the air pressure can be dumped with thought alone!

• Like 2

B-2, full sail, whatever their latest model is (purple and gray), acquired thru that pusher Ben, went to a french bridle, inserted a race frame and slapped on some sissy sticks crafted of micro-carbon.

It's a flailer's dream, single rotational axels are more difficult than doubles! It does a roll-up landing and unrolling launch like it was on a frozen pond with heated ice skates. You can throw it all around and almost never have a walk of shame, for example practicing up & overs or momentarily flying it up-wind

Super easy to flick/flak and do a falling leaf too, so small the air pressure can be dumped with thought alone!

Taking notes.

I didn't know that you could get a French bridle for B2 size!

you can, from Eliot Shook, but it's not an exactly perfect fit my friend.

I would "prefer" for the bottom attachment point to fall directly in line with the vertical spar. Since this bridle was created for the old style Rev2 it doesn't line-up with the new panel layout and framing on the Barresi series TWO. I'm lazy, so rather than fix it "right" I just tied a little overhand knot in one of the legs on each side to pull it over towards the center slightly.

now on the Zen I prefer this "mis-alignment" of the lower bridle/flying line attachment point. It's like holding the kite from the outside edges (to your brain the kite just got bigger), but you still have all the speed you've come to expect.

You can find the diagram from the French Quad team Crazy Drivers on the Rev forum. I just scaled it down to fit a Rev2, actually Will Sturdy is the french bridle craftsman for Flying Smiles kites. It was WAY too much work for me, .... each one took about 4 hours to create. I gave will the plans, a marketing path and a set of quicky directions so others could try it themselves.

Remember no modification is perfect, something's gotta' give if your want more or less of something specific. For me, I want it instantly responsive without a hint of oversteer. Some may say that makes my kite twitchy. Hey to each his own, I'm not saying it is better, just different!

Well lets see now, I have a couple of multi rev bags bursting at the seems. The kites are as follows. 3 rev 2, rev 2 vented, rev 2 b series, 2 rev 1 T300, 1 progressive stack rev 2, 1.5, 1, 1 super sonic full sail, 1 super sonic vented, 2 shock waves, 1 blast , 1 blast 2-4, 1.5 sul, 1.5 sle, 1.5 -b series std. ,1.5 b-series mid vent, full set of 1.5 b series pro std, mid, full, extra. 1 awesome randy tom 1.5. and an American nation 1.5 with matching 12ft banner and handles. still looking to add an indoor rev in the future. and about 30 or 40 dual line kites. Lets face it, I like my kites. :ani_yahoo: ( just add wind ). I am interested in flying with other people. If anyone likes the Tacoma Washington chambers bay area please give a shout out for some fly time. Thank you Eric

• 2 years later...

I don't know how much they were charging back in 2013 and beyond but $200 seems a bit steep for a 5-slot bag, no? As my collection has started to grow I've been contemplating a multi-kite bag and while I want to drink the kool-aid and get the 'proper' bag the price does seem a bit much. I've seen some of the older ones that are stitched well but can anyone vouch for their newer bags?

Edited by lycosa
Re-worded to 5-slot from 5-kite bag

here's an option I have found end enjoyed recently.  A hard sided case for fishing poles from Orvis

http://www.orvis.com/p/safe-passage-carry-it-all/14ZX?item_code=14ZX2152&adv=127748&cm_mmc=plas-_-FlyFishing-_-14ZX-_-127748&kpid=14ZX-21-52&gclid=CjwKEAjwrvq9BRD5gLyrufTqg0YSJACcuF81BVvqq4jLf8mVfk-4dxklbHtrKOes7QzJD0_1MpkbSxoCHrbw_wcB

180 bucks, it doesn't hold a Zen either unless you have a travel frame.  It does hold a ton of stuff and it is well protected and easily transportable

Separately Brianne (Howard?) will make a custom kite bag for you, exactly as you design it,... want a dry place to sit down?,... she can affix a fold-out panel just for your tail feathers.  Want a spot for six sets of handles with lines in place?  two parallel rows or a single stacked column?  You can see examples as inspiration,.. her effort is a couple of hundred bucks. Want a tow strap, funky handle locations on the corners, whatever you can imagine, obviously custom embroidered too.  Several friends have her stuff it is envy making every time I see 'em.

• Like 1

I use a Rev bag and the only thing I found a little weak was the outside pocket zipper. It gave up this spring after years of use. I have 8 Revs,1 glider, various line sets and handles, and 2 cardboard mailing tubes for frames. Take out the tubes = 2 more kites. You can get 2 per sleeve and maybe even 3 in the bigger one. I put a second strap on mine to be able to carry it like a backpack and leave my hands free for other stuff.

There are other good bags out there! Kite Connection, Ocean Shores kites, short bag from ITW, etc. Really depends on you and your budget.

here's an option I have found end enjoyed recently.  A hard sided case for fishing poles from Orvis

http://www.orvis.com/p/safe-passage-carry-it-all/14ZX?item_code=14ZX2152&adv=127748&cm_mmc=plas-_-FlyFishing-_-14ZX-_-127748&kpid=14ZX-21-52&gclid=CjwKEAjwrvq9BRD5gLyrufTqg0YSJACcuF81BVvqq4jLf8mVfk-4dxklbHtrKOes7QzJD0_1MpkbSxoCHrbw_wcB

180 bucks, it doesn't hold a Zen either unless you have a travel frame.  It does hold a ton of stuff and it is well protected and easily transportable

Separately Brianne (Howard?) will make a custom kite bag for you, exactly as you design it,... want a dry place to sit down?,... she can affix a fold-out panel just for your tail feathers.  Want a spot for six sets of handles with lines in place?  two parallel rows or a single stacked column?  You can see examples as inspiration,.. her effort is a couple of hundred bucks. Want a tow strap, funky handle locations on the corners, whatever you can imagine, obviously custom embroidered too.  Several friends have her stuff it is envy making every time I see 'em.

Wow. Conceptually sound, but that thing is 6 pounds before getting loaded up! Regarding the rev bag II, I have one. I don't like the fabric as much as the original. And, one of the Velcro strips to keep the flap closed tore off the bag about a month after I started using it. I still love the bag though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 5-slot Rev bag has 13 Revs, 5 home-made quads, 12 sets of line, 6 pairs of handles, 4 extra frames, a bunch of parts and accessories, 3 ground stakes, and I occasionally put a kite or 3 outside the pockets and just roll them into the bag. The Rev bag, as long as you don't drag it on the ground on concrete or asphalt should last a very long time. I can't of anything more durable with maybe the exception of a hard case. I think it's a terrific bang for the buck.