KiteLife Forum

Finding Flying Fields

kitepilot

I find flying fields by websurfing to maps.google.com and viewing the satellite imagery. This site allows you to peruse your neighborhood on a local area map. Then, click the toggle marked ‘satellite’ and do some exploring. The resolution brings you to roof-top level. It’s easy to see if the viewed image may have turbulence from buildings or trees. I can easily see the roof of my house and the common greens I fly from at my front door in San Diego. Found many neat little spots this way. :blushing: Kitepilot

• 11 months later...
I find flying fields by websurfing to maps.google.com and viewing the satellite imagery. This site allows you to peruse your neighborhood on a local area map. Then, click the toggle marked ‘satellite’ and do some exploring. The resolution brings you to roof-top level. It’s easy to see if the viewed image may have turbulence from buildings or trees. I can easily see the roof of my house and the common greens I fly from at my front door in San Diego. Found many neat little spots this way. :) Kitepilot

ive dicovered a couple of fields where flying is possable here in nj both are school rec grounds in the summer theres no school so flying there is eazy but for smoother winds the beaches by my house are it that imagery sounds cool i gotta try it :w00t::)