KiteLife Forum

Live Chat?

Would be cool to have a scheduled "roundtable" conference via the web sometime, just excited kite folks chatting it up. :)

That's more what I was thinking. Not an all the time open access chat room, but a venue we could use to schedule topical discussions, with someone being responsible as the moderator for the discussion to keep it on topic.

• Like 1

Try this on for size. :)

http://kitelife.com/forum/chat/

Trial run, $10 a year gives us 20 max users at any one time.

Easy upgrade to 50 users, another $5.

==

I'm all about facilitating...

Would be fun to have a chat room again, had fun on IRC back in the day. :)

/me slaps you with a large trout.
  • Like 1

I'm planning on being on this evening probably around 8 or so Eastern Standard Time, if anyone would like to join me in the chat. I would like to maybe brainstorm on ways we (as a community) can help JB with his efforts to spread kiting to the world, and buy a reliable car in the process. His raffles are great, but that's coming completely from him and one would think that eventually he will run out of kites. I hope some folks will join me.

• Like 2

Thought I post it here too - the link on the first page is taking me to a Shoutbox topic from 2009!! Isn't taking me to the chat room John and I were testing last night! :ani_weightlift: Just found chat under the more section in header, we'll see if that works!!

OK, that gets you there ! Whew!!

John - I'm hearing some of the audio feature on the room, such as the doorbell!!

I invited Nick (RR), let's see if he can find us!!! :ani_whistling:

I don't know guys ! I'm having computer (laptop complete meltdown) problems right now. That's why I haven't been on the forum too much, in the last week. or so. I'm now, muddling my way through, using a 10+ year old, HP a620n Desktop. Dust is blowing out the air vents on the processor, every time I try something new, and it's like every time I get to doing something, I get some kind of message, to the effect, that I'm over-taxing the processor. This thing is panting right now, just doing this...........so I don't know about a chat room, besides, I've never been in a chat room before (ok, ok, gimme a break, I'm not into the whole social networking thing - don't even text). :ani_wallbash: :ani_wallbash: :ani_wallbash:

What I am trying to do now, is shop for a new laptop. I'm completely lost without it, and boy, what a transition that is going to be.......so John, I feel your pain, concerning the back-up thing, dying on you. I do hope you can get that system righted.

Anyway, if anyone can't get me, it's because I'm now only on-line, when I walk over to the desktop, and turn it on, and check for messages in my email. Before the meltdown, I had my laptop on 24/7, where ever I was............Sheesh! :thumbdown:

Good luck, Nick.

Thanks Barton.....I just hate going through all the set-up, and getting everything like I want it, plus I've got to change operating systems, and that is the thing that I don't like the most............

I'll still be around, just not as quick to respond and join in............ :ani_victory:

• Like 2