KiteLife Forum

Live Chat?

All I can say, is back-up, back-up, back-up. Make sure that you keep important stuff, backed-up (I'm sure you do). Actually, I "COPY" (rather than backing up), to another computer (my old desktop), and also to a stand-alone hard drive. So, it's not that I lost anything, other than my "security blanket"..........I'm just not happy going to Windows 7 Pro, and I'm surely not going to Win 8 (a.k.a. NIGHTMARE !), but I'll get switched over, sooner or later. Gotta get a computer first (it's on order)

I'm a HUGE fan of BackBlaze... Been using it for some time now, works like a charm, and cheap.

http://www.backblaze.com

In addition to the online backup, I also generally use a Drobo system (although mine finally died and is still in need of replacing).

I would like to share a story today also..... I received a first Thank You for sharing on the forum in the chat. A forum member had a question and was hunting for John.... I asked if i could help in any way? Turns out the person had followed the line making , pigtails, etc.. threads and found my pictures and descriptions helpful....along with the Live Chat and being able to query any one available.

I must say it was a good feeling! :)

Probably changed the course of that person's day, or more. :)

• Like 1

That person was me I believe and I will vote loud and long for the chat to remain. I just got through another chat session with Wayne and MyStainedSkin and it was very educational about various lines, leaders again, various styles of REVs and the different type of rods used on the kites.

Thanks John for turning on the chat feature! I really think it is a winner of a tool!

mtgrizzly52

• Like 4

• 2 months later...