KiteLife Forum

post-7551-0-61966000-1383562582_thumb.jppost-7551-0-97752200-1383562601_thumb.jp Here are a couple shots of my new night time playground I found on the web tonite browsing. I have flown here during the day, but it gets a little crowded. There are many obstacles..trees,light poles...tall and short. Some nice soft grass for the warm barefoot nights. Across the street is a full city block the same width as pictured....with A LOT of the above obstacles. I fly mainly 50' lines here if the wind is smooth.....otherwise its down to 30' and can be challenging, but thats what makes it fun! This being the heart of Jax Beach ...and night time... It can have its moments with patrons from local establishments....... ;). Jax Beach Sea walk Pavilion
  • Like 4

Excellent, I hesitated to admit to flying at night, and thought it was my own little secret... :cat_luv: I even had to put some lights on, since the only light is from a distance, but your little spot has it all... :ani_yahoo:

Watch out for any tipsy bar patrons... :gathering:

• Like 1

This spot is pretty well lit in most of it...with different shades of light... So no real need to light the kite, unless you want to ;) Me and Sean (Oats) flew one night on the beach with some l.e.d. lights, it was so much fun. I now carry them with me daily...just in case :) also a head mounted light for those dark places for setup and teardown.

Yes, definitely :ani_idea: a good headlamp is a prerequisite, for anything I do at night, Astronomy, fishing etc.... I have to tell you I attracted the Coast Guard one night on my local beach Whiskey Run, and Seven Devils , cause they had to see what was lighting up the sky on that dark night out on the beach, causing havoc with my foil w/ chopper wash...so I ditched 2.5 w/ kite killers, and we waved :ani_giveup: not necessarily in surrender, but truly as a crazed old kite flyer :ani_victory:, on a starry lite beach. Good times :group:

• Like 1

Excellent, I hesitated to admit to flying at night, and thought it was my own little secret... :cat_luv: I even had to put some lights on, since the only light is from a distance, but your little spot has it all... :ani_yahoo:

Watch out for any tipsy bar patrons... :gathering:

No need to hesitate...there are forums dedicated to soley that.....and really big in some other countries.

• 1 month later...

Night time flying is not typically available to me here in the rural mountains of Virginia. But on a recent trip to the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina I was able to get in several night flights. On a previous visit I had found a location on the beach where some large street lights were near enough to illuminate a patch of shore about one hundred feet long. I assembled the kite back at my nearby campsite so all I had to do was attach the lines & run them out. Wind was light & smooth. Very few people on the beach in the daytime right before Christmas & virtually no one at night. The waxing moon came up to the east, the street lamps were to the west & the wind was from the south, perfect. My wind window allowed me to fly from the lamps to the moon with the light from either shining through the mylar panels, very cool views of the kite. Only flew two line kites as I was concerned about line handling complexities with quads. But the experience was a further expansion of my KiteLife & I highly recommend it to others if you can find that special spot.

• Like 7