KiteLife Forum

Delta Park

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Looks like TK, Yuji and myself will be at West Delta Park this Saturday (October 23) if the weather is suitable.

Hope to see some of you there, probably from 10am onward. :kid_devlish:

Looks like it's just on and off drizzle so far this morning-- not so bad. I'll be over at the field just as soon as I have some breakfast!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, there's a chance I've got a line on somewhere to fly INDOORS in Beaverton... Large space, $35 per hour.

Would anyone be up for splitting this cost?

Would be excellent if we could round up 5 or more fliers, maybe do a 3 hour block?

After 3pm on Saturdays is the most likely window.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Awww man!! It would have been nice to know about this field when I was out in Portland the week of the June 13th. '11. Grr. Well, at least I know for future reference, and where to get into touch with people. I tried to get a hold of people from the kite club that was listed on the AKA site, but never got a response from anyone. So I ended up driving around for a couple hours before finding some soccer field to fly on. I need to get a Urban/Street Kite setup.

Look forward to meeting some of you, and getting some airtime with you, next time I'm out in the are!!

Exile, check out KiteMap.org before you travel. It's new, so fields are getting added all the time. (Add your own favorite fields as well. You never know when someone will be traveling to Montana.)

Delta Park is a great place, especially if JB and some others are coming out to play!! Some of us have small local fields that only hold a few fliers, I'm still checking out any restrictions, but for a good sized group, Delta works fine!! We even celebrated New Year's Day there, with ice on the ground!!kid_devlish.gif

I will certainly post before I make another trip out to Portland. I'd love to meet some of the big names, that would be awesome. Look forward to meeting some of you next time I'm out there. I'll see if I can make a trip in July.. Turns out work is going to be slower that expected. YEAH FOR ME!!

Thanks John!! Do you by chance have ideas when you WILL be in town. I might be able to work my time to match.

Thank you again. Photography is my trade. Yes, I am a Falconer, so I do keep raptors.. The bird in the pic was my first bird, a Redtailed Hawk that I named was Isabeau. I released her at the end of the season. I don't currently have a bird however. Trapping season will be starting up here soon though! Think I'm going to try for a Goshawk this season.

Yeah... I feel stupid now... I remember the clinic now.. DUH!! Awesome. I'll shoot for that! If I do come for that, I'll have the whole next week off as well, and be in Portland until that following Sat. I'll be sure to bring my camera gear as well.

Good winds here this evening. 14mpg sustained, gusts to 30