KiteLife Forum

sticking neck out with stated goal

tkrinor

Stated goals are tough for me..they mean you have to find a way..regardless of the bumps,, no backing out or backing down, you have to hit the goal.

No stated goal and you can weasel out.

My kite stated goal is to fly my first demo at Lincoln City next summer (if allowed without credentials), and if invited to fly in my first rev mega fly I will.

I can do this, some how and will be working towards the goal. My name is Terry and will be working this winter to try and reduce the embarrassment factor sure to take place in LC.

Offer support if you wish ,,but be prepared to duck and run,, cuz I plan on flying my first public demo.....cyall in LC!

• Like 7

demos are about entertainment for the crowd

go out there smiling and make eye contact with specific spectators

don't worry about how you'll do (that's a competition)

use a prop,....

for instance ask a kid to help you, pretend your demo is a lesson for the youngster,

affix a tail to the kite,

pop a balloon (put some talc powder in there too for visual impact!).

Land on the kid's head (may I recommend a bicycle helmet, safety glasses?)

Find an entertaining piece of music,

use laughter to your advantage

remember a demo is not about you personally (your name, your kite or your music don't matter), it's about the crowd enjoying something different with you conducting that symphony. The four movements are the introduction, your demonstration of control, building the crowd's endorsement of your activities and a powerful jaw-dropping ending that will leave you the major topic of dinner discussions for weeks afterwards!

• Like 8

Don't need credentials to demo, just ask to be put on the demo list! If you have music to fly to, give it to the DJ! Then just have fun!!!

Solo, I like to fly a mystery ballet, I let them pick out a song and get in the rhythm to it!

Megafly - invited? It's usually announced or us Rev fliers organize it! Just join in!! Crash the party!! Rub elbows with some of us, we don't bite - hard!! During the weekend, join in on some smaller groups to get a feel for it, then you'll be ready for the megafly!! :ani_idea:

• Like 4

Tried to do a fly to music once. Even wore a costume to go with the music. The music wouldn't play and I ended up ad-libbing the whole thing. The costume looked strange because there was no music to go with it. Did anyone care? Only me. Everyone else enjoyed watching the kite. No credentials needed. Just the guts to get out there. I'm going to practice a bit more this year and try again. Let's hope the music workd this time.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Stated goals are tough for me..they mean you have to find a way..regardless of the bumps,, no backing out or backing down, you have to hit the goal.

No stated goal and you can weasel out.

My kite stated goal is to fly my first demo at Lincoln City next summer (if allowed without credentials), and if invited to fly in my first rev mega fly I will.

I can do this, some how and will be working towards the goal. My name is Terry and will be working this winter to try and reduce the embarrassment factor sure to take place in LC.

Offer support if you wish ,,but be prepared to duck and run,, cuz I plan on flying my first public demo.....cyall in LC!

Didn't make the summer goal, but achieved the goal at the fall festival. My aging back was not up to it during the summer festival.

Here is a pic of the fall festival at LC.

I am the top,center of the heart with the blue grey fade.

T

post-7569-0-99662800-1412573680_thumb.jp

• Like 5