KiteLife Forum

360 on a Blast 2-4

SparkieRob

I had a go on a Revolution Blast 2-4 on Thursday just gone and all I can say is... WOW!

At first I tried to fly it like a normal Rev but didn't have the strength to pull in the bottom lines. "Hold the handles lower" came the advice. Oomph! The power locked in! Then the wind just died so I started to do a 360! I made 3/4 of it before the kite touched ground. I was a little puffed and chuffed. Nearly a 360 after only 5 minutes with a beast like the 2-4.

I gotta gets me one of those!!

• Like 4

Got my first taste today. could not get a comfortable position on the grips...with some adjustments to become comfortable, I can see it being a blast indeed. I still had great fun hanging on! Also got to see Terry Rankin give it the run around on the beach today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya .. I caught that in destin..and then my recent night run. I tried more drive and a more forward flying position, and tried my best not to take off too early :) just plain ran out of gas ...no sleep. For my 3rd/4th time, I am happy. I know it all takes work and don't expect immediate JB results :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So my newest Rev is a Blast. Already had a Super Blast 2-4 & I must say they are both quite the arm load in a good breeze. But I do like the stiff frame & not being concerned about the sail bending it too much. They just move me downwind instead. I was thinking I would put the SLE rods back in the 1.5 & use it for a lighter pulling practice kite so I might do better with Blast style flying. The adjustable bridle on the Blast has complicated my efforts with the new kite but opened my eyes to tuning Revs a bit more. Just what I needed a more complex quad! Now I suppose I'll have to try this 360 thing. Sort of a rite of passage on the journey to the further parts of the Dark Side.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It easier when its dead. Otherwise you have to counteract the wind on one half of the spin.... walking and casual is becoming more the norm for me....but still no reverse...just here and there

The wind seems pretty slow at times, until you're trying to outrun it to keep some pressure on the sail.

• Like 1

A reverse 360 is bloody awesome to do, you just want to keep it going.

It's fairly easy to do, just looks tricky. Initiate an inverted side slide, apply brake to tailing wing, as the wing comes up progressively pull top wing in. Feather brakes on both wings as you go round.

I've tried to put a little drive into the bottom (leading) wing as I put brake into the trailing wing but couldn't get that to work.

It easier when its dead. Otherwise you have to counteract the wind on one half of the spin.... walking and casual is becoming more the norm for me....but still no reverse...just here and there

The wind seems pretty slow at times, until you're trying to outrun it to keep some pressure on the sail.

Or you try with any vented sail!

My first 360 try was on 80' strings and I wasn't prepared for how mushy the feel was so I RAN that sucker round!

• Like 4

Lol..pretty much the same here..sliding the whole time. I get some reverse..but learned quick about loops, bounces,whump, and other stuff that can save alot of footwork too. Using the momentum off of those actions to create pressure in the sail or cover ground to get around in "dead zones"

• Like 6