KiteLife Forum

Premier

magpieflyinghigh

The Company advertises this as a good beginners’ stunt kite. Premier Kites says, “New for this year, the Vision represents a breakthrough in entry-level delta wings. Months of testing and planning by master sport kite designer Jon Trennepohl has produced an easy-to-fly stunt kite with excellent handling and crisp contemporary graphics”. Premier is a reputable kite company, and Trennepohl has had good kite designs over the years.

It looks like a kite that will help you learn to fly. If you stick to this kite until you’ve mastered turns, punchturns, stalls, and the sideslide, you have your money’s worth. Then you can graduate up to the Nighthawk for the fancy stuff like axels, flic flacs, and fades. You’ll become frustrated with the learning experience if you try to fly in less than the recommended wind range for the Vision. Learn to walk before you run, get those basic maneuvers down pat before moving on to bigger and better kites for those slack-line tricks.

You said you’ve already ordered the Vision. Had you asked earlier, I’d personally recommend the Beetle by Flying Wings. The Beetle handles light wind and heavy wind, and it’s built to handle those nose-deep-into-the-ground crashes. But then, I’m biased. I’m learning on a Beetle! Welcome to the kiting world, Magpieflyinghigh! kitepilot

Many thanks kitepilot.

My Vision arrived today - can't wait. Hope it's a little windy at the weekend. I was going to go for the Beetle after reading lots of different forums etc... but couldn't find one readily available and just couldn't wait. I heard Premier were good and jumped into what seemed the best for what I wanted to pay

I let you know how it goes!

I'll take your word about the value of the "Cherry Bomb'. Does this forum have a search function that would accumulate data of all the kites mentioned? Ikky68 has made posts favoring the 'Addiction' for beginners. I still think I'll walk before I run, learn to do snapstalls and sideslides on my beetle before graduating to a trick kite.

John - where did you adjust the bridle towpoint on the Cherry Bomb? Wait, that opens up a new bag of worms. I'm going to move my question into Beginner Questions ->Bridle Adjustments, what is eXtreme. kitepilot

Alas, our search capability is not at that level... But it sounds like you've got a solid plan, I always recommend working on 2 or 3 specific items at a time, learning in sets.

As for the Cherry Bomb, I don't recall tweaking the bridle... I just tightened up the wingtip tensioners.