KiteLife Forum

Tidying up the tutorial archives...

Hi all,

I've become aware that quite a few folks are accessing KiteLife using tablets more and more but our mobile downloads have been contained within ZIP files, requiring subscribers to download them on a desktop or laptop, unzip, then sync the files to their mobile devices from there.

After a fair amount of work, I think I have the mobile format tutorials laid out in such a way that tablet users should be able to view the videos immediately after clicking "Download".

Mobile outdoor tutorials - http://kitelife.com/forum/files/category/123-outdoor-quad-line-mobile/

Seems to me the most recent batch of 10 tutorials work a-ok on any mobile device, but I want to proof all the links...

Think I could ask some of our KiteLife subscribers on iPhones, Androids, iPads, Google tablets, etc to go through the 28 files at the link above and let me know if any don't work for you?

Will need to know:

• Which MOBILE tutorial
  • Mobile device used

I'll keep working to improve the catagorization and information as I go, but the download system is a little unwieldy.

Best thing to do is just post back here with the info, thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S3

180 w/ positive drive. Good
Clockwork. Good
Figure 8 good
Kite Walk. Good
Basic Control good
Rollover landing. Good
Rotation Drills. Good
Traveling Bicycle. Good
Water Flying Unsuccessful
Wind Window good
3D Flying. Good
Assembly and. Good
Basic Hovers. Good
Bicycle Rotation. Good
Body Posture good
Changing Frames. Good
Flat Relaunch. Good
Flic Flac. Good
Inverted Hover. Good
Larks Head Knot. Good
Light Wind Flying. Good
Line Equalizing. Good
Line Managment. Good
Line Weight unsuccessful
Reverse Flight. Good
Sail Loading. Good
Side Slide. Good
Tuning Theory. Good

Total download time 50 minutes My phone is hot!

I tried Water Flying and Line Weight again. No luck The app I'm using to view the videos is "BS Player Free"

What an arsenal I have at my fingertips. I can't wait to try out my first rev. It should arrive next week.

Water Flying and Line Weight are the only 2 that asked first which viewer did I want to use to view it. But they both failed.

Right on, thanks Ed.

I'm still making some improvements...

Example, I'm knocking every tutorial down to a single downloads page - when you go to download, you'll be presented with choices for "HD", "tablet" or "phone", from largest to smallest resolution and file size... Pretty sure most platforms will play any of the files directly, but the size may make a difference when you're not on wifi. ;)

Example here - http://kitelife.com/forum/files/file/806-rev-tutorial-basic-launch-control/

That one just has HD and phone sizes so far, working on it all as we speak but I wanted to post a note about this. :)

I'm also adding tags as I go, to help folks identify the lessons better...

Additionally, the first tag is a general assignment of difficulty and appears clearly on the index:

post-1-0-24022800-1388563716_thumb.png

Clearly, it's all relative, and other than ideal progression, folks should follow what inspires them using their own good sense and a little research. ;)

Alright folks, I think I've got 'em all squared away...

http://kitelife.com/forum/files/category/106-outdoor-quad-line/

When you go to download, you should be presented with THREE choices (file size) for each video. :)

phone = smallest

tablet - medium

HD = largest

I'd certainly appreciate any proofing you could do on all those links, let me know if ANY do not work (include info) and I'll fix them asap. ;)

Thanks!

• Like 1

When I use this link

Mobile outdoor tutorials - http://kitelife.com/...ad-line-mobile/

I get this message now

4rcpso.jpg

Or this one

dztv0n.jpg

Good thing I got all but 2 last night.

The 10 new videos you downloaded with the .mkv used to work great on the Galaxy S3 but now they wont load. The 25 or so that I got last night work just fine. The .mkv ones were way big so I don't mind deleting them as I have new copys.

As a new guy, the time you spent recording and editing these tutorials is much appreciated.

Can we have a blooper reel????? I know you got footage.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay friends, I think I've cleaned up the issues now... ?

Found some typos in file names, and some listings didn't appear to save correctly.

As of when I finished a few minutes ago, all tutorial download pages are displaying file sizes for each of three options.

I spot-checked 3 videos at random, each a different format...

MKVs never did load for me on a 2nd Gen iPad, no errors, just never passed a "connecting to page" stage...

Hoping that's just local to me? Thanks for both your patience and help, we'll get there - I promise. ;)

• Like 1

The 10 new videos you downloaded with the .mkv used to work great on the Galaxy S3 but now they wont load. The 25 or so that I got last night work just fine. The .mkv ones were way big so I don't mind deleting them as I have new copys.

The MKVs are the only ones that seem to be acting quirky for me on mobile, although they do register a file size for me on the download page.

I can download the file on my Mac, so the file is there and working - just likely not formatted for some mobile platforms.

Three options are available (including tablet), and I'll try to stick to MOV or MP4 format for HD in the future. :)

As a new guy, the time you spent recording and editing these tutorials is much appreciated.

Thanks for the thanks, happy to create and edit, but kudos are due to the videographers as well...

TK Barresi, Spence Watson, Jason Wheeler and Scott Benz have all spent time behind the camera for me. :cat_luv:

:ani_victory: SHOUT OUT TO MA HOMIES FROM DA DARK SIIIIDE :ani_victory:

Can we have a blooper reel????? I know you got footage.

To be honest, there isn't much...

I freestyle every tutorial with no plan, and generally don't do more than 2-3 takes on any given one, reviewing each take on the field and adjusting on the fly unless I know in my bones that I got what I wanted. :kid_content:

Still, I am saving whatever I think is usable and I'll try to compile something just for the subscribers, maybe a special download sometime. lol

On the other hand, it may be a good incentive for folks to attend my clinics - only place to see the bloopers is live! :kid_devlish:

• Like 4

Using your link to the beginners tags, I could see all the phone or tablet videos on my iPad mini retina, except for

http://kitelife.com/forum/files/file/797-rev-tutorial-line-weight-length/

All the file formats showed 0 bytes as the file length.

When I went to that video via the Videos link in the site menu, the page loaded but the video frame was blank, so I couldn't play it there either. Pity, because these videos are extremely helpful for someone who doesn't know any other Rev fliers around here. Is there some kind of directory or anywhere I could ask for other fliers in the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area?

Thanks for your great work here!

RevRookie

Thanks for the heads up, I had typos in the file URLs - should work now?

http://kitelife.com/...-weight-length/

Alas, there isn't really a place to search fliers by the sort of kite they fly, but a good start might be the Rev forum, just post a new "Calgary Fliers?" post or similar. ;)