KiteLife Forum

17th Annual Treasure Island Kite Fest and Stunt Kite Competition

Roobarb

"Following the successful revival of the competition in 2010, TISKC has reclaimed its prominence as one of the premier sport kite events of the year. Competitors from up and down the East Coast will gather at Treasure Island, FL during the Martin Luther King Holiday weekend January 18th-19th 2014, for two days of excellent competition with plenty of time to socialize on one of the best kite flying beaches in the country. This year, TISKC is presented by Windworks."

Just to wet your appetite, here is a video I did back in 2009... Enjoy:

See you there!

• Like 2

FYI, you should all know that Roobarb is John Lutter, currently my 2nd VP and Regional Director 4 (one of the largest regions - covering Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico) for the American Kitefliers Association... Good man, please properly chastise him for not including that information in his signature. <grin>

• Like 1

Merci mon ami! :ani_victory:

I won't be able to attend TI this year, but I've been a couple times in the past and it's always an awesome event.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing the resulting media and reports, wish I could be there. :)

If this is within striking range of anyone, it's a worthy trip and a great way to thaw out!

Planning on making an adventure of it. Last year was my first time. First festival, competition, green kite flyer. Now that I know a little more. I think this year will be one for the books in my memories. Starting tomorrow ...it's on! This time a week from now I will have to come back to reality :( Looking forward to meeting new folks, forum members especially! I will be the guy with a kite in my hand and a big smile!

• Like 3

It was great seeing forum friends both new and old at TI... If I didn't see you, don't worry, there is always next year!

If you are on Facebook, make sure you shoot me a friend request (if we aren't friends yet), and also take a look at the photos I posted on the AKA Region 4 Facebook : http://ow.ly/sLfRH

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...